INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Hello fellow petrol heads, the name is Jack and I was born and raised in Europe but now I must endure sunny California and the neutered cars people drive here. I'm a huge BMW junkie; if you ask me a BMW question 20 minutes and just as many chassis codes later you'll be sorry you ever did. So far I've had a 325i and now I got the 750iL both are 92 since a student part time mechanic can't afford what they are asking for a new one here. But I love all cars no matter the power or speed as long as it is a proper car and not this never-goes-off-pavement suv garbage fools drive here in the usa. My dream car is the BMW 850CSi but I wouldn't have it anywhere but Europe.

I just want to add that you guys are running a great site here, I really appreciate the effort and thanks to all who keep it going.

:welcome:

I think you'll fit in well here as there are plenty of Bimmer fans :)

On a side not - you should put in brackets "1992" at the end of your car in your profile to avoid people thinking you drive the new one, hahaha.

You can also post pics in the relevant section of the forum. I pressume the LWB must be pretty big...

Another new TG fan. Found on YouTube last month, and have been ravenously watching the episodes from here ever since. I'm 21, live in Washington state, and I drive a minivan because it's cheap, reliable, and hauls all my crap. But once I graduate from college, an E30 or E34 BMW is first on the list.

Another new TG fan. Found on YouTube last month, and have been ravenously watching the episodes from here ever since. I'm 21, live in Washington state, and I drive a minivan because it's cheap, reliable, and hauls all my crap. But once I graduate from college, an E30 or E34 BMW is first on the list.

Hey hey! Where do you go to college? My uncle is a professor at the community college in Bellingham. :cool:

Hello fellow petrol heads, the name is Jack and I was born and raised in Europe but now I must endure sunny California and the neutered cars people drive here. I'm a huge BMW junkie; if you ask me a BMW question 20 minutes and just as many chassis codes later you'll be sorry you ever did. So far I've had a 325i and now I got the 750iL both are 92 since a student part time mechanic can't afford what they are asking for a new one here. But I love all cars no matter the power or speed as long as it is a proper car and not this never-goes-off-pavement suv garbage fools drive here in the usa. My dream car is the BMW 850CSi but I wouldn't have it anywhere but Europe.

I just want to add that you guys are running a great site here, I really appreciate the effort and thanks to all who keep it going.

Welcome.

As far as I'm aware you're the only person driving a 12cyl. car on this forum. Thinking of that it'd be nice to see your car in the "What's your car" section one day!

I think you'll fit in well here as there are plenty of Bimmer fans :)

On a side not - you should put in brackets "1992" at the end of your car in your profile to avoid people thinking you drive the new one, hahaha.

You can also post pics in the relevant section of the forum. I pressume the LWB must be pretty big...

Production date fixed:) I shall post some pics soon but be warned my car is not pretty, just fast. It really doesn't feel that big while driving or if you just look back at it while walking away after locking it up as I'm sure every guy does with his car. I think it is a marvel of design and packaging. I park it next to modern cars and they look positively huge next to the Bimmer, and all they have is a V6 , half the rear legroom or less, and almost as much trunk space with a space saver spare. In that tight and beautiful shape BMW has fitted a V12 with plenty of manuver room if you need to fix something, enough interior space to have reclining rear seats, and a huge trunk with a full size spare and a 100L petrol tank underneath it all. The sharp and responsive handling makes it feel small while driving too, it feels the best on the highway. When most cars are struggling to accelerate the Bimmer just takes off from 70mph like it's taking off from a stop light. At the pump though :( it beats me up and runs away with my money :( such is the price of being able to reach 155mph at will.

Hey hey! Where do you go to college? My uncle is a professor at the community college in Bellingham. :cool:

I go to Western Washington University, but I have a couple of friends who went to Whatcom, the community college. Where in Portland are you? I grew up in Battle Ground, which is about 15 minutes northeast of Vancouver.

Ah, yeah, I wasn't sure if there was more than one college there or not.

I'm in SE. :)

:welcome: i really like the Q7 too

Hello, I'm 15 from Kent, but I suppose you got that from the side bar... I own no cars but I do like to admire them and I fear that Top Gear may make me take up engineering....

I spend loads of time lurking around and thought it was time I actually signed up and so that's why I'm here.... yep that's about it.... I'm rubbish with introductions!

:coplight: And is it me or does this smiley look like a guy on a stag night.... Just a thought.

Last edited:
:welcome: i don't own a car either, but i hope i will soon :)

I'll assume your female because your name is Carrie and your username is Pixie. I've given you the Not a Dude title which all our female members get :)

hey all,
Im Jordan and im 18.
ive been reading this forum for a while now and finally decided to join up.
look forward to having conversations with you lot.

G'day,

I'm Peter, from that crazy place called Australia... I've become a fan of Top Gear over the last 6 months, and consequently, a fan of this site because we've only seen the mid 2005 episodes over here and it's somewhat annoying that we've been left behind.

I'm in year 12 at school (final year of high school), studying Advanced English, General Mathmatics, Physics, Visual Art, Industrial Electronics and Aviation. I'm planning to enter an electrical trade after I leave school.

Now. Cars.
I drive "Big Red", a 1991 Toyota 80 Series Landcruiser, which was formerly a Rural Fire Service mini-tanker. It's the 4.2 litre naurally aspirated diesel, which means it produces nearly no power(98Kw) at all, minimal torque(270nM), makes a huge ammount of noise and is very slow. It's got one of the stiffest manual gearboxes in the known universe... and I love it.

What's my dream car? Aww gawd, there are a few that immediately spring to mind...
1)Caterham CSR200 (the 260 is illegal here)
2)Mazda RX-8
3)Saab 9-5 Aero(which I can't drive on my provisional licence due to ridiculous laws here)
4)Toyota 70 Series "troopie" TurboDiesel(These are still made, they are one of the workhorses of Australian agriculture)
5)2000 model Ford Falcon XR6, an Australian built large sedan with a 4 litre inline 6. This model in particular because it looks SUPERB!

And there we are, that's me!
Pete