2009 Mini Cooper Convertible

top_gear_fan

Car(s)
Lexus GS430
FV Report: First spy shots of Mini convertible

These are the first spy shots of the next generation Mini convertible testing on the streets of Munich. No big surprises here as it looks just like the last Mini convertible. A slightly bigger size should give this softtop more cargo room with the top down and better overall passenger space in general. It also looks as though this convertible top was designed in from the beginning as it appears more neatly integrated into the bodywork. Although this prototype looks close to production, sources at MotoringFile indicate this variation on the Mini coupe could still be another year or two away.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee9657b

:driving:

enclosure..ee96575

enclosure..ee96578

I think it looses a lot of it's good looks by having a soft top, or at least with it up it does.

I thought engineer's didn't breed...but apparently the Porsche ones have been, and they've started working for BMW/Mini!

Last edited:
Take away the stupid camo tape, imagine the car in red and with the roof down... looks better than many many other soft top convertible and its about as useful too.

I don't like the Convertible. I think it's a gay design...

The normal Cooper is sheek at best and I can live with that, even though I'm not sheek at all. Far from it actually :lol:

looks pretty much the same as the last one. My mum has the current model, drives nicely and can carry 2 comfortably, sodding useless at everything else.

But I always prefered the original as it did everything better except when you hit something ;)

I thought engineer's didn't breed...but apparently the Porsche ones have been, and they've started working for BMW/Mini!

That's what happens when you use the name of such an iconic car. If they change the look too drastically, they'll be drawn and quartered by fans of the original.

eheh yeah at first I thought he mispelled Shiek

ironsheik.jpg

You mean sheikh? Because Sheik is a character from Zelda. :p

Yes, I know it can also be spelled "Sheik" in English, it's just that "Sheikh" has a more correct pronunciation.

Last edited: