Your dream car and your "attainable" dream car

Dream Car:
Ferrari F430 (I was lucky enough to drive one)
37-ferrari-f430.jpg

Lamborghini Diablo
DiabloSV.jpg

Attainable Dream Cars (if I make some serious financial stretches and long term commitments and assume nothing goes wrong in my career for the next 7 years):
Corvette Z06
06_Corvette_Z06_exfrpass34.jpg

Porsche Cayman S
porsche-cayman-s.jpg

Attainable Dream Cars (that wouldn't break my back to aquire):
Mitsubishi Evo X
evox.jpg

Subaru WRX STi
stilimited07.jpg

Infiniti G35 coupe
G35Coupe.jpg

BMW 335
bmw_3_series_coupe_e92_400_01.jpg

My Dream Car would be this

Ford_Mondeo_ST220_Blue.jpg

Or this

688d_19.JPG

Or the superior (compared to the Pontiac G8)

06WMCaprice_101_jpg.jpg

I live in Texas, do you see the common thread of these cars?

they're all shitty sedans?

You would call the Ford Mondeo shitty? The Holden Commodore/Caprice shitty? And the Citroen C6 with its God-Like suspension shitty? When you are taking a simple ramp at 35 mph in a 1993 Grand Prix with horrible body roll, drive over rough roads in an Explorer Sport or S10, or see your sister thinking that a 2000 Chevrolet Impala is the best car there is then you can call them shitty sedans.

1999sho.jpg

This is a shitty sedan.

Last edited:
You would call the Ford Mondeo shitty? The Holden Commodore/Caprice shitty? And the Citroen C6 with its God-Like suspension shitty? When you are taking a simple ramp at 35 mph in a 1993 Grand Prix with horrible body roll, drive over rough roads in an Explorer Sport or S10, or see your sister thinking that a 2000 Chevrolet Impala is the best car there is then you can call them shitty sedans.

1999sho.jpg

This is a shitty sedan.

The Taurus was never actually a shitty car in my opinion. The normal sedans were good family cars. Our 1995 Taurus had an all blue interior! It was all plastic and nasty, but it was ALL blue. I thought this was wonderful when I was little. It had a decent ride, and wasn't annoying to drive. '90's Pontiac Grand Am/Prix is another story...

And I believe that is the SHO version with the 235 hp (175 kW) 3.4 L DOHC V8 designed by Yamaha.

Dream car: McLaren Mercedes SLR

Attainable Dream Car: Holden Commodore VX S model (Yes its old, but I love the styling, and give it a couple of years it'll be attainable.)

The Taurus was never actually a shitty car in my opinion. The normal sedans were good family cars. Our 1995 Taurus had an all blue interior! It was all plastic and nasty, but it was ALL blue. I thought this was wonderful when I was little. It had a decent ride, and wasn't annoying to drive. '90's Pontiac Grand Am/Prix is another story...

Touche. I did not realize that the picture I had was the SHO version and I did own a 1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE with it's 3.1 liter 140 horsepower v6 and 3 speed auto. The reason I chose the Taurus is that until the 96 redisign the car looked alright, then they went all artistic and scared me away. The reason I chose the Mondeo etc is that, for now, they are as unattainable to the American market as the Euro 2008 Focus:( . At least I have the Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan to partially make up for that.

My dream car:
Pagani Zonda F

My attainable dream car:
Vauxhall Monaro VXR500

Dream: F430 Challenge Stradale(when it is eventually released) or the F430 successor...

Attainable: NSX with various mods.
5608Type-R_project_-_5.jpg

2.jpg

89323309-O.jpg

Ultimate Dream Car(s):
Ferrari Superamerica
1967 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren 722

Attainable:
Volvo 240 DL/Turbo
Volvo 850
3rd Gen Camaro RS, SS, Z/28, IROC-Z

Dream car: Dauer 962 LM
Porsche962.jpg

Attainable dream car(s):
TVR Sagaris (Some already down into ?35'000)
f9c31fc1.jpg

Porsche 968 CS (In between ?8'000 and ?15'000)
9cb1fd7b.jpg

Dream: Lamborghini LP640 Roadster

LP640roadster_1_560px.jpg

Attainable dream: E90 BMW M3 Sedan

http://img391.imageshack.**/img391/7355/e90m3sedanrq8.jpg

Porsche 968 CS (In between ?8'000 and ?15'000)
9cb1fd7b.jpg

I read that unmodified, good condition CS models that haven't been thrashed on the track are pretty hard to find. i'd imagine those ?8'000 would be pretty dodgy and not a smart buy, unless you have the money and commitment to do a bit of work on them.

Ed