Hot Rods that dare to be different

you do know that both The Goddess and the VW Transporter were designed in the 50s not the 30s?

Does not matter and I was trying to make a point.

Go read a few issues of Hot Rod Magazine.;)
Bah, Car Craft FTW :D
I do remember reading this article though, the '35 Chevy and the '51 Mercury are my favorites, and the Austin Healey and Sunbeam are cool cars too. Great thread. Did you catch the street freaks issue that Car Craft put out a year or so ago? There was some really neat (and lower budget) stuff in there.

Am I the only one who thinks the DS and VW Camper engine swaps are somehow.....wrong? These are all amazing cars, but I think it?s wrong to put a V8 in a DS.....it?s like taking a Mustang Mach1 and fit a nice prius engine in it....you just don?t DO it.....

I know very little about the DS, the engine looks a bit odd in there. The VW I like because it's just so absurd, but it's also a waste of such a good vehicle by throwing the engine where they did. My uncle would be sad to see it, he restores those old Buses on his free time.

It's the nature of the beast, everyone wants to do something different, eventually someone is going to do something someone doesn't like, or may not be a particularly good idea.

I don't really see how they "dare to be different". they look like hot rods to me. the first one is stupid tho, looks kind of like a hot rod version of rice, and it doesn't exactly go together.

Agreed, I stopped reading Hot Rod about 10 years ago when they featured a car that didn't run. It had no gas tank and was pushed everywhere it went. That was just stupid... :?

It has gotten much better. David Freiberger has become the Editor-in-Chief of Hot Rod now. As you know he ran Car Craft duing the good days.

I don't really see how they "dare to be different". they look like hot rods to me. the first one is stupid tho, looks kind of like a hot rod version of rice, and it doesn't exactly go together.

They aren't the Belly button 30's and shoe box Fords, Tri-5 chevy's, or '67-'69 Camaro.

as if that statement has anything to do with anything. It's like dropping and chopping a bug instead of a bomb, or ricing out a 240 instead of a civic, same thing different platform. They're cool cars(for the most part), but they aren't like, "OMFG WOW THAT IS TOTALLY ORIGINAL!!!11!".

I'd have to say shoving a turbo charged northstar in the middle of a Tucker (replica) is pretty damned original.

guff...... what on earth have they done?

as if that statement has anything to do with anything. It's like dropping and chopping a bug instead of a bomb, or ricing out a 240 instead of a civic, same thing different platform. They're cool cars(for the most part), but they aren't like, "OMFG WOW THAT IS TOTALLY ORIGINAL!!!11!".

They are if you understand Hot Rodding to any degree, which it seems that you do not.