My 1998 Lazer Red Ford Mustang GT

Handz

Car(s)
'98 Mustang GT, E39 530i Sport, '04 R6, '08 WR250X
Hey Everyone, I would like to show you guy my Mustang and tell you all a little about it and why i keep it around.

This is my 1998 Ford Mustang GT. 1998 was the last year of the SN95 Body style which ran from 94'-98'. 94'-95' GT models were powered by a 5.0 liter Pushrod V8, while the 96'-98' models came with a 4.6 SOHC V8. The SN95 Mustang was the lightest of all the Modular Mustangs which made it a great choice for me.

My model is a little special. In a few states the Ford Motor Company produced some GT models designed for racing in mind. These came with the Optional 17 inch wheels option, 3.27 Gear, Heavy Bulster Seats, and NO ABS & NO TRACTION CONTROL (This makes the car VERY fun at the Track). It is also Lazer Red, which has now become a rare color because of its expensive cost to paint. The make the car even lighter i chose to lose the stock Iron Block and Build my own using a aluminum Block from an Explore.

I have had the car for 3 years now and enjoy driving the car everyday to work and school and then taking it to the road course on the weekends and chasing down the AWD guys :mrgreen: I Have tried my hardest to keep the car Clean and Tastefull with the pleasant factory lines while modding it to handle better with more power

I have Modded the car with the following modifications

-OEM 17x9 2003/2004 Cobra Wheels (Machined Finish)
-275/40ZR17 Nitto 555
-MRT Cold-Air Intake
4.9 CHP Stroker Kit with Aluminum Explore Block
Ford Racing 9 mm Wires
MSD Ignition Coils
Optima Red-Top
P.I. Intake Manifold
Ported & Polished Plenum
Ported and Polished Throttle Body
NRG Power Pack
Comp-Cams Mild Grind
Custom Oil Separator
Diablo Predator Tuned
UPR O/R X-Pipe
Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back
Cobra R Water Pump
Tremec TKO-500 Trans.
Pro 5.0 Shifter
Ford Racing 3.73 Gears

-Ford Heavy-Duty Bearings
Eibach Sportline Springs
Tokico 5-Way Sport Shocks
Suspension Techniques Sway Bars
Suspension Techniques End-Links
Maximum Motorsports K-Member Brace
Maximum Motorsports Subframe Connectors
Ford Racing/03' Cobra A-Arms
UPR Bumpsteer Kit
PBR/Cobra Caliper Painted Black
Stainless Steel Braided Lines
RotorPros Slotted Rotors
Hawk Pads

-6000k HID?s
Custom Lamin-X Yellow Fogs with Yellow Bulbs
Black Bumper Inserts
Window Tint
LED Plate Lights
Redline Tuning Hood Shocks
Mustang Tuning Shorty Antenna
AutoMeter Phantom Gauges
Sparco Racing Harnesses
Apex-i Rev Meter
Redline Goods Leather Shift Boot
Hurst Black Shift Ball

The car pretty much does anyeverything i want and more. And there is nothing like No ABS or Traction control to keep you on you toes.

IMG_0693.JPG

IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

IMG_0220.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0306.JPG

IMG_0697.JPG

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0584.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

Last edited:
Please don't post such large resolution images. Just because the forum will auto-resize isn't a good excuse to post 3/4 MB files. ;)

Hey Everyone, I would like to show you guy my Mustang and tell you all a little about it and why i keep it around.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again; You have a very beautiful car!:)

Handz said:
And there is nothing like No ABS or Traction control to keep you on you toes.
Amen to that, I don't have that fancy stuff either, keeping it real... :p

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; You have a very beautiful car!:)

Amen to that, I don't have that fancy stuff either, keeping it real... :p

Yep, No driver aids for me. This makes Drifing with the solid rear axel even MORE fun because i am lock up the rear and just slide :lol:

.....Even though it doesnt rain much in Southern California, when it does i have been really carfull......damn torque will just take the rear end out it water :D

Another bf.c member?

Car looks good.

Yep, you got it, how did you know.

I post on BF.c because i was an owner (Just Sold) of my 1981 E12 528i with the Berman spec M535i Motor swap . Car was fun

Yep, you got it, how did you know.

I post on BF.c because i was an owner (Just Sold) of my 1981 E12 528i with the Berman spec M535i Motor swap . Car was fun

I recognized the pictures. I remember seeing you post them in OT.

I haven't actually liked any of the Mustangs after 1969 until the newest one, but I have to admit....this one looks very, very beautiful indeed. The wheels are especially fantastic.

That's a nice car. :) I actually love those Mustangs, not that they are much Mustang, but they look great, and goes fairly nicely.

Much nicer than the current Mustang, imho.

Very nice SN! :thumbsup:

I'm still leery of the mod motors, but we are looking at a '99-'04 for the wife to replace her Accord...

The Mod Motors are GREAT. Its awsome how the parts from other ford cars with the Mod motor can be interchanged.

Mod Motors are the future

I'm not to big on Mustangs, but that is a damn fine automobile. Beautiful car man.

Spend the last few day this week doing some install. I installed my 03/04 Cobra A-Arms, UPR Bumpsteer Kit, and removed Both front ISOs to lower the front a litle bit more. Car drive alot better now. 113,000 mile suspention need some refreshing. :D New Ball Joints FTW and the bumpsteer kit makes me feel more confident entering turns because no little bump throws the car off anymore. went so the same location for a few shots for comparison. Also finally purchesed my Sparco Fighter. The seat holds you in so well and makes driving and foot work easier.

...here are a few pic from JAPAN!!! (Its Now Really Japan, Just Southern California)

IMG_1356.JPG

IMG_1361.JPG

BEFORE

IMG_0693.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

AFTER

IMG_1378.JPG

IMG_1382.JPG

IMG_1386.JPG

IMG_1387.JPG

IMG_1393.JPG

IMG_1394.JPG

IMG_1395.JPG

IMG_1399.JPG

IMG_1404.JPG

IMG_1406.JPG

That's one slick car!

So last weekend i went out on a cruise around Orange County on a Bright and Sunny So. Cal day!!! :mrgreen: While we were causeing terror on the streets, i handed the camera over to my friend to shoot some moving shots.* 8)

...Here they are!!!*

IMG_1624.JPG

IMG_1623.JPG

IMG_1622.JPG

IMG_1647.JPG

IMG_1649.JPG

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1609.JPG

IMG_1610.JPG

Thats a fine looking SN you got there. I love the Cobra rims too. They really bring out the car. Now all you need is one of the Saleen spoilers installed out back and I'll come out there and steal it. ;)