Would anyone like to see TopGear visit Australia?

Would anyone like to see TopGear visit Australia?

• Total voters
my VL's faster bro!

They could try and beat the Perth to Sydney trip of around 29 hours.

However, that is doubtful due to the number of police and other stuff on the roads these days. Wheels could only manage 40 this time around.

They could try and beat the Perth to Sydney trip of around 29 hours.

However, that is doubtful due to the number of police and other stuff on the roads these days. Wheels could only manage 40 this time around.

Indeed, in the diesel XJ (I think?). I love how often they mentioned the useless speed limits on the open highways and that they were cruising at about 130. Good on them I say because really, speed limits all over Australia suck the big one.

only if they come to Tassie. We dont have Targa Tas for nothing. Great roads, great scenery. a bit like GB

only if they come to Tassie. We dont have Targa Tas for nothing. Great roads, great scenery. a bit like GB

That would defeat the purpose of going half way around the world. If they want to have scenery like in England then they would stay in England.

That would defeat the purpose of going half way around the world. If they want to have scenery like in England then they would stay in England.

oh snap!!
hehe nah the targa tas would be awesome, however they would come for the quintessential "aussie landscapes" which is more north east coast and outback stuff...dont get me wrong tassie is beautiful but they will do stereoyptical aussie stuff if they come here...

gotta see some utes on top gear. it'll blow everyone's mind, cause afaik they don't exist elsewhere in a similar fashion?

All the voters of yes had one thing in common. Man, we should start a Top Gear in China or Top Gear in Canada thread. I doubt that it will happen, but I guess it will be sort of interesting.

I wouldn't because it's about as unoriginal as you can get, the outback is really boring and looking at sand for an hour doesn't really interest me.

Well your just daft. It's a facinating place to be and visit.

And yes we may not lead the way in cars (i don't like Holden or Ford I much prefer European cars) It's the perfect place to do a race. Or some other thing like blowing up cars in the outback etc.:)

Hammond spotted in Darwin NT

Hammond spotted in Darwin NT

Friend of mine works at the local Audi/Ford dealership in darwin. he stated to me that Richard Hammond and camera crew where at the dealership dropping off a Ford Typhoon that they drove up from Adelaide.

he was tight lipped about what they were filming but he stated that it would air in about 5 months time. Richard flew out of Darwin back to the UK the Same night.

I'm looking forward to it, if it proves to be true.

I know one thing that Jeremy likes joking about. The Australian accent...<_<
He'll probably do that the whole time.

Yeah it was from a reliable source considering he is a close friend. i asked him if the Jeremy or James where around also. He said it was only Richard and crew.

I would consider him trustworthy considering he let me drive his RS4 demo car on the weekend.

If he is being mistruthfull i will be suprised.

I saw today an old Ford Falcon. Looked a little like the Ford Mustang... 'Cept for 4 doors...:D

Friend of mine works at the local Audi/Ford dealership in darwin. he stated to me that Richard Hammond and camera crew where at the dealership dropping off a Ford Typhoon that they drove up from Adelaide.

he was tight lipped about what they were filming but he stated that it would air in about 5 months time. Richard flew out of Darwin back to the UK the Same night.

Hang on a tick... I thought the guys were in Resolute Bay, Alaska doing the Polar Race.... Unless it was before the 18th of April because that is when Hammond went to Alaska... so they cannot be filming it now.....:? :blink:

I know for instance Richard has been there since 18th April and Jeremy and James since the 19th,