Shoplifting at a BMW dealership

Argentinean

So yestarday all the newspapers and news program on Argentina TV covered this pieces of news. The thing is that in Argentina the insecurety rate is really high, and is pretty commun to see at the papers shoplifting news and so.
But this was different, a group of 10 people went to a BMW dealership, with powerfull weapons and they stole some things from the shop, such things as computers, plasmas tv, dvd players, and some money from the save and the employees and a couple of cars..... The buglars stole a second hand 3-series coupe... and a brand new M5..:cry:

The funny thing is that this is not the first brand new M5 that has been stolen. In 1999 BMW of Argentina brought an M5, the first in Latin America, for an exposition. That car was stolen, and they "found" it at Paraguay. The person who found it said that the car was imposible to recover because it now "belong" to a very powerfull person in Paraguay

I leave you people the link to read the news, it?s in spanish...
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/informaciongeneral/nota.asp?nota_id=922877&origen=4ta&toi=-2&pid=2812561

Regards

i just read that they stole the employees...:?

As for that M5 belonging to a "powerful" person in Paraguay: my bet is that it was theft-to-order.

at our local BMW dealer all they'd get is a couple of plasmas maybe a car before the police (which have a station just down the road) arrest their asses :D

They also have a really good coffee machine there, so good infact I bought one just like it :D

As for that M5 belonging to a "powerful" person in Paraguay: my bet is that it was theft-to-order.

You'd wonder why he'd bother with stealing it. Those people aren't exactly hurting for money.

shoplifting and armed robbery -- different things, you know

Last edited:
You'd wonder why he'd bother with stealing it. Those people aren't exactly hurting for money.

They don't want to be bothered with the politics and paperwork that comes from importing a car legally more than likely. Or they're so use to comitting crime that they prefer it gotten though illegal means. I really hate assholes like that...

I wonder why nobody has pulled a fully planned heist like one in the oceans movies rather than just mindless armed robbery.

i just read that they stole the employees...:?

lol, I had to read that part couple of times too before I figured it out... :lol:

I wonder why nobody has pulled a fully planned heist like one in the oceans movies rather than just mindless armed robbery.

Car: Not for another six years

So, I'll assume you're ten years old, and we can forgive you for the fact that you appear to have the same mindset as SL 63 who thinks that Hollywood movies are realistic :rolleyes:

epp_b,

1. I'm 12 and you have to be 18 to be able to drive legally here in Australia and we all know 12 + 6 = 18

2. Armed robbery is just stupid without an escape plan because they know they are going to get chased by the police.

1. I'm 12 and you have to be 18 to be able to drive legally here in Australia and we all know 12 + 6 = 18
Ah, I was assuming 16 years old being the legal driving age (as it is here).

2. Armed robbery is just stupid without an escape plan because they know they are going to get chased by the police.
Escape plain: drive as fast as possible ;)

The funny thing is that this is not the first brand new M5 that has been stolen. In 1999 BMW of Argentina brought an M5, the first in Latin America, for an exposition. That car was stolen, and they "found" it at Paraguay. The person who found it said that the car was imposible to recover because it now "belong" to a very powerfull person in Paraguay

Regards

What IS with Paraguay and stolen cars? Seems the country has more stolen cars than legitimates ones.

Ah, but the M5 has so many electronics they would already have been caught by the time they finished configuring it :p

Good point...

E39m5exteriorred.jpg

Problem solved :p

I know its a joke, but the default setting on the M5 has 400hp :p Doesn't exactly make it slow from the get go does it. :p

thats why they are rich..... they pay for nothing

Armed robbery is just stupid without an escape plan because they know they are going to get chased by the police.

Which is why they should have blown the place up with C4 on escape, to make it look like an attack! They would certainly get away!*

*providing that John McClane wasn't one of the car salesmen