Xbox360 failure rate = 100%

Well, I'm really worried about it. While some parts of the globe have hotter climate, Rio de Janeiro is hot ALL the year. To cope with heat, my fans are modded to 12v, but I don't feel safe with it. And I don't benefit from the 3 year warranty, if you understand me. I heard people applying a low rpm firmware to the DVD drive, as a way of reducing the drive's stress and heat, but I've no idea of the impact that'd have on gameplay.
That's sad. The X360 is the best VG out there and the closest thing to it for me, the PC, costs a lot to be kept up to date and doesn't have , for exemple, one single racing game as good as Forza 2 or, in the Sony universe, a Gran Turismo. I hope the 65nm revision coming next fall solves it.

mine freezes now and then after a few hours of playing, opening the tray fixes it

then again my 360 is in the most cramped and cluttered space ever :lol:

Europe is getting the Elite in a few weeks or first week of August.

^^^ yeah we do, and damn i hate how sometimes ppl post and its the last one on the page, and the there are other ones and i never notice them... :(

Run of bad luck continues for Xbox 360 down under?

Reports are appearing that all Australian EB Games stores have been forced to send back all their 360 stock.

By James Kozanecki, GameSpot AU
Posted Jul 15, 2007 8:09 pm PT

According to an inside source, about two weeks ago all EB Games stores in Australia were told to return every Xbox 360 they had in stock. Indeed, a look on the EB Games Web site shows that the Xbox 360 is "sold out" at every store we checked.

It's another setback for Microsoft's console, with buyers worldwide being given an extended warranty just over a week ago due to a "design fault." Coping with the increased number of repairs is expected to cost the company in excess of $1 billion.

There is no word yet whether the alleged return of Xbox 360s in Australia is a result of this same design fault or another problem entirely.

A salesman at one of the EB Games stores in Sydney told GameSpot AU that all the stock received within the last two weeks is being recalled, but also speculated that "it could go back as far as a month."

Both Harvey Norman and Dick Smith have the product in stock as of the morning of July 16. EB Games refused to return our calls and a spokesperson for Microsoft declined to comment, telling Gamespot AU that, "We're not going to comment on that."

Source

:lmao:

Shit, I feel bad for all the people who bought an Xbox360 here in Serbia.

Here, they cost up to 600 euros, and the retailers don't offer much guarantee
they'll repair, or replace faulty 360's.

As far as I know, the failure is caused by the faulty fixation of a heatsink inside the box. It seems the thing tends to lift off a few millimetres, the cooling effect disapperars, and the cpu underneath crashes. The success rate of people opening the box and properly mounting the heatsink seems to be very high, the majority of boxes runs flawlessly after that.

thanks for bringing that up, i'll remember to rip mine open (since it doesn't have a warrenty) and see what i can do as a preventive maintenence measure

any good articles? i read one article that stated replacing some adhesive between the sink and the CPU would solve the problem, but i don't know

i did notice recently that although my Xbox has only froze a few times, that things next to it seem to get as warm as the console itself, so its deffinitely expelling heat properly, but i suppose if the heatsink comes off then its no use to the CPU :p

I was told the 360's die for all sorts of reasons, not just heat.

I'll be getting mine around September. Hopefully they'll have all the faults kinked out and there will be a price drop.