Xbox360 failure rate = 100%

SuperStalin

http://www.crn.com.au/story.aspx?CIID=85600&src=site-marq

Microsoft Admits *ALL* Xbox360's Are Defective - After many months of public complaints and outcries, Microsoft has publically admitted that *ALL* (as in every single one ever sold) Xbox 360's have a design defect that can lead to their failure. I just hope Microsoft doesn't conclude that a 3 year extended warranty is "good enough" to address this issue.

Is this true? :?
If this is true, I'm willing to buy one for a dollar :lol:

You have to give them credit for being upfront with it and extending the warranty. There are many companies that would happily screw their customers and use their existing game collections as a way to ensure they have to buy a second console.

Kudos to Microsoft for spending the billions to fix any consoles that fail.

Microsoft has admitted that every one of the 11.6 million Xbox 360 consoles sold in the past 19 months suffers from a design flaw that could cause the device to fail.

"Could cause" or "can lead" does not constitute 100% failure rate. Now, if all them go to shit, then yes.

Weird thing with my friend's console, he got the infamous 3 red lights on his ring. About 2 days later, I started it up, and it worked perfectly.. :huh:

thats why I see everyone complaining on the forza2 forums...

mine freezes alot too. especially after hour long endurance races...yea it sucks

*knock on wood* it hasnt happened to mine, and i hope it doesnt

Mines fine as well...

I had one that did it. Belonged to my bro. He junked it and bought a new one. Now with the extended warranty, I'm gonna get it fixed and keep it for myself. Ignorant, stupid younger brother FTW.

This site is the only one I have seen so far to claim that all 360s are defective.

All of the other sites I have read have had all of the same information, save for that little nugget.

Everything dies eventually.

Also the 'HA my PC works!' argument is retarded as you cannot compare any PC with a Xbox just on the huge Xbox360 only library.

As far as I know, the failure is caused by the faulty fixation of a heatsink inside the box. It seems the thing tends to lift off a few millimetres, the cooling effect disapperars, and the cpu underneath crashes. The success rate of people opening the box and properly mounting the heatsink seems to be very high, the majority of boxes runs flawlessly after that.

You have to give them credit for being upfront with it and extending the warranty. There are many companies that would happily screw their customers and use their existing game collections as a way to ensure they have to buy a second console.

Kudos to Microsoft for spending the billions to fix any consoles that fail.

definitely give them props for standing up for their product, but they rejected all claims and pretended nothing was wrong for 2 years.:mad:

How's Gears of War running on your home-built PC? :p

:lol: i bet it's running well.

my 360 overheats sometimes when i play PGR and TDU. always ends up with me falling through the road in TDU. but no other problem so far

Teach Microsoft to rush to be the first to release their new console.

i have a used one and have been lucky

i lay mine horizontally, so i can't imagine the heatsink lifting off the core, as its being held down by gravity (if the adhesive fails), plus i actually have it lifted up on the bottum so air can be sucked in from every direction possible (note the little vents on the white sides at the top and bottum)

the worst ive had is a 6-10 second freeze up that once happened at the end of a race in Forza 2, as well as sometimes the game will tell me the disc is unreadable, but that rarely happens and is easily fixed with a restart

*cough* Sony *cough*

[Achievement unlocked]: Admitting a problem and ponying up to fix it.

In the US MS released a new system dubbed 'Elite' with standard 120 GB HD, HDMI output and supposedly redesigned mobo and cooling systems thats supposed to reduce or eliminate the risk of the machine crashing. Do countries outside of the US have this version of the system yet?

I say 'supposed' to because it only went on sale a few months ago and hasn't really been around long enough to start breaking down yet.

Last edited: