Team Finalgear in the 24 Hours of Lemons

Should've entered an Espace cabrio!

Nah just kidding, good luck!

i do a bit of vidio editing for friends and clients some times. so if you guys get a cam or to i can edit the raw footage and make a nice hour or so ep out of it.

Good to see more interest in the series. We ran the #21 festiva in the CA race this year.

In car video of the race gets boring pretty quick, as the camera just can't capture the hectic nature of it all. Part of this might be the low quality of the cameras used, part might be the low field of vision, but either way it's not really watchable for hours on end. I think the best thing would be to have a high FOV camera, or several, that have long enough recording times to run constantly. That way you are sure to catch anything exciting, and can edit out the boring stuff(like you being passed by a hearse).

A track-side camera would be nice too, since you won't be able to see the majority of people who hit you. For example, this is film from the #3 Saab. At about 0:30 you can just see our car get taken out by the biturbo. An in-car feed from our car wouldn't show much besides us spinning(and the driver swearing a lot), but a track-side camera would have likely got a great shot.

edit: Helps if I copy the link to the video I'm referring to.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj9DFsi8fQA[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
superbadred.jpg

That is bona-fide badass!

Your team should do a Top Gear-style review of the car before setting off, and use as many ludicrously nonsensical metaphors to describe it.

"This car, then, is like Elle Macpherson's nostrils. Pointy on the outside, but a creme brule will instantly whack it like a mallet. (dramatic pause) As the Danes say, 'mmm, toasty!'"

im willing to donate...but have to use snail mail

can one of the driver's pm me the address to send it

and its only gonna be $2

i hope that helps

will it be enough for your guys to put something on the car that i want...like my member name or no?

i do a bit of vidio editing for friends and clients some times. so if you guys get a cam or to i can edit the raw footage and make a nice hour or so ep out of it.

i can edit video as well

so i can help too

i might be able to send some money, but firstly i have to get my paypal account working.

^pfft... hiddenhunter, when your car hits vtec, you'll have alot more smoke that that :p... but it looked like white smoke to me, if the engine is warmed up and white smoke is coming out, isn't it not very good?

Cold engine, revving without stressing means that there is a lot of condensed vapor in the exhaust gases. That shows up as white smoke. So it's nothing to worry about, perfectly normal. When the engine warms up and you still get white smoke you generally need a new headgasket.

What are you gonna do BTW for a front bumper and hood? I assume a replacement would be expensive, so perhaps just some welded piping to protect the radiator from any contact would do the job. Better cooling too! (Although less aerodynamic)

Cold engine, revving without stressing means that there is a lot of condensed vapor in the exhaust gases. That shows up as white smoke. So it's nothing to worry about, perfectly normal. When the engine warms up and you still get white smoke you generally need a new headgasket.

I would think that Quiky waited till the car warmed up before revving the car? I thought that isn't good for the car.

Donated! 8)

Have fun you guys and the BMW sounds good.

meh, i s'pose it was too late to join up, but i'll see if i can't scrape anthing together to get m' logo on there. and to help out, of course:)

the car sat for about a year, and we just got it running last week.. So it hasnt had a chance to run around alot and clear itself out.

If Quiky installed a chip.. mm then he could cream 7k! I also hope he makes a straight pipe.... I6 + Straight pipe = pure sex :boohoo:
$500 cap and it's gotta be under 90 db at like 100 feet or something.