Evo mag fast fleet article - hidden dig at Clarkson?

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
So im reading the sept 2007 issue of Evo, on pg 155 is their fast fleet review of their logn term Focus ST in the 2nd paragraph, this caught my eye:

"at first i was a little worried about the electric orange paintwork and orange-trimmed seats, but i soon cam to rather like the boldness of it all........in fact, the only people who mocked its brightness were the sort of people who wear badly cut jeans pulled up to their armpits whilst desperately trying to cover up their ageing gut with a moth-eaten blazer."

the first image that came to mind was clarkson and his Ford ASBO film.

and ive read blatant slams at clarkson in issues past...where they actually name him.

So im reading the sept 2007 issue of Evo, on pg 155 is their fast fleet review of their logn term Focus ST in the 2nd paragraph, this caught my eye:

"at first i was a little worried about the electric orange paintwork and orange-trimmed seats, but i soon cam to rather like the boldness of it all........in fact, the only people who mocked its brightness were the sort of people who wear badly cut jeans pulled up to their armpits whilst desperately trying to cover up their ageing gut with a moth-eaten blazer."

the first image that came to mind was clarkson and his Ford ASBO film.

and ive read blatant slams at clarkson in issues past...where they actually name him.

BTW I didn't get the ASBO thing.

What is the meaning of ASBO??

are you having a bad day? don't drag your personal issues into a harmless thread.

My day was fine, I just don't think a whole thread is necessary for this subject. If anything, it should be in the Random Thoughts thread.

My day was fine, I just don't think a whole thread is necessary for this subject. If anything, it should be in the Random Thoughts thread.

that's fine, suggest moving it to the mods, not like i can do anything about it now.

bart quit thread crapping, if you dont care, why post?

I'm not sure it's a stab at Clarkson, more like old farts in general. Maybe though.

that's fine, suggest moving it to the mods, not like i can do anything about it now.

ah screw it's not a big deal, sorry for being an ass about it

ah screw it's not a big deal, sorry for being an ass about it

I feel the same way about it as you, but I didn't say anything cause you were doing all the talking :lol:. I dunno, it's not like Clarkson's THE car god to which other may not blaspheme. No big deal.

BTW I didn't get the ASBO thing.

What is the meaning of ASBO??

lol now we have been through this one before but to recap!

ASBO - Anti Social Behaviour Order, the chavs of our society (thugs basically) often get an ASBO for a veriety of thuggish things like fighting or bieng caught pissed a few times. Anyway he was making this link because the Focus ST is the sought of car that these chavs would like.

And when he drives past and shouts ROONEY!!! Wayne Rooney is a footballer, sort of a chav icon actually.

And as for the Westbrook filter. A women called Daniella Westbrook is a bit of a chav icon. She was ok looking until she snorted so much cocaine that middle bit in her nose dissolved.

lol now we have been through this one before but to recap!

ASBO - Anti Social Behaviour Order, the chavs of our society (thugs basically) often get an ASBO for a veriety of thuggish things like fighting or bieng caught pissed a few times. Anyway he was making this link because the Focus ST is the sought of car that these chavs would like.

And when he drives past and shouts ROONEY!!! Wayne Rooney is a footballer, sort of a chav icon actually.

And as for the Westbrook filter. A women called Daniella Westbrook is a bit of a chav icon. She was ok looking until she snorted so much cocaine that middle bit in her nose dissolved.

Hahahah!!!:lol:

Sorry!!! I didn't see it in the other threads. Thanks anyway for the explanation!!!!;)

i liked the asbo story! but all the underground shots of the focus made me dizzy. clarkson makes some brilliant quotes in that.

Even tho he is a bit of a middle-aged git that complained about the colour, I feel the Ford ASBO review he did was a pretty top-notch car review. Quotes, camera-work, music, setting, superb.

I don't know if it was clarkson, but they (evo) have poked fun at both Top Gear mag/show and the hosts in the past, mostly clarkson. I have been reading though all my old copies of evo so I have seen the references recently.

kind of sounds like clarkson, only thing is clarkson wears his jeans in a normal fasion, nothing "up to his armpits" about it really

If you read EVO and Top Gear regularly you'd know that they are ALWAYS taking friendly jabs at each other. The UK based bike mags do it as well, this is nothing new.