Secret even faster 599 launch ?

... soon we?ll be having cheats and walkthrough websites for Cars, or what kind of BS is this? Can you soon unlock 7th gear in your Golf after having fulfilled some sort of quest, boosted your Experience points? Some Easter-egg goodie when you change your spark-plugs?

Oh boy ... "secret, better launch Control" ... I almost puked when he said that ...
:lol::rofl::lmao::thumbsup:

You'll also be able to unlock a secret room in your boot and have infinite airbags.

Last edited:
^I want "instant handbrake"!! Carmageddon style!!

Its funky with different cars. Tim Schrick showed you can completely turn off that Volvo hot hatch's traction control by driving backwards for 200m or something like that. Dont remember exactly though, but D-Motor watchers would know.

I have a question, why did the car stall when Jeremy spun the car? It doesn't have a clutch pedal, right?

^It DOES have a clutch though.

Just had a quick scan of the 430 Manual. Nothing about a special launch procedure.
http://img205.imageshack.**/img205/1841/430lcgt9.jpg

^It DOES have a clutch though.
Seems odd. Since there is no clutch pedal the driver can't do anything to prevent stalling so the computer should take care of that. I wonder why it doesn't.

Its just a backdoor for launch control for the Yanks, who don't have LC.

Seems odd. Since there is no clutch pedal the driver can't do anything to prevent stalling so the computer should take care of that. I wonder why it doesn't.

It's just like when you spin an auto box car, which will also stall when you get it backwards. The car is in 2nd or third pulling a lot of revs and all of a sudden it's moving backwards. If you were in control you'd see it coming and depress the clutch but the computer can't see that....so it's like putting the car in third and popping the clutch when the wheels stop spinning, of course it will stall.

Makes sense, I feel rather stupid now.

The only sequential gearbox that will prevent itself from stalling is the F1 gearbox, when it detects that the engine revs is dropping significantly and wanting to stall, the hydralic clutch will be pushed in automatically just before the engine cuts out, putting the car in neutral to stop itself from stalling, only if there is no input from the driver for the next few seconds then the engine cuts out.

Cant think of any road cars that has this function. But skip0110 have explained it quite well, and btw, sometimes if the spin is big, the engine is going to stall, manual or not, its not going to help.

Last edited:
Why is it secret anyway? I don't get it - why make the car slower than it can actually be?

Because flying starts like this will destroy the clutch. Someone told me five or six LC-style starts and the clutch will need replacement.

MadCow809;553569 and btw said:
Um, thats why you put the clutch in when you start going backwords :mrgreen:

and btw, sometimes if the spin is big, the engine is going to stall, manual or not, its not going to help.

I have a copies of the 430,612,and Enzo manuals. I'll look it up when i get home.

Could you by any chance share those with me, or at least tell me where you got them?

But his point was if you have a REALLY big spin, the engine will sometimes stall anyway. Takes a lot though. Also why cars won't often start when they have been spun. Something to do with fuel or oil surge or something...

But his point was if you have a REALLY big spin, the engine will sometimes stall anyway. Takes a lot though. Also why cars won't often start when they have been spun. Something to do with fuel or oil surge or something...

nexc0 explained it for me already, on most cars the fuel flap closes when you have a big spin/skid, this is to prevent oil leak and the engine catching on fire. Clutch in or not, its not going to help... it seems like you havnt found the true meaning of fast yet. :mrgreen:

me on the otherhand have spun countless times to know the true meaning of going too fast. Landing the car upside down is really quite something :rolleyes: