Worth overclocking ?

Ice_warmer

With a Geforce 6600 you probably might get an extra 1-5 fps depending on how high you are able to overclock it. What types of games are you hoping to get better performance for? If you say Crysis...

Crysis ... yeah right :p, i mean i know overclocking can't perform miracles :p but still.

If i get the latest and greatest direct x version will it help performance or not ?

edit: did install the latest nvidia software (mine was 1 year old :D) and saw some changes in m3 challenge (that's the only game i played since the update :D)

Last edited:
I know somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody who overclocked his Geforce 2 and has Crysis running at 150 fps on ultra high detail on a Pentium 4:blink: But seriously, I think the performance you get when overclocking increases the older the games get, but that is also true if you don't overclock. Heres what I recommend, play the game you want performance on normally, then overclock it as high as will can get and be stable, then play the game again. If you have the FRAPS software it can tell you how much your fps has increased and then you can decide if you want to keep it overclocked or not.

If you can overclock a GeForce 2 to do that, man you can get that 6600 to run faster then my Core 2 Duo @ 2ghz by it self.

if you are going to OC the card, download the Gainward Expertool. I got it because i bought a Gainward card, but it will work with any nvidia card. it is much more flexible than Ntune, and is totally free :)