The "New Toys" Thread

Another option of course is just not speeding. I'm not wanting to go into a huge debate here, but people who break the rules should be willing to face the consequences or just abide by them.

I'm with you there. I've had 1 close family member killed on christmas by an irresponsible driver, and the next christmas, her older sister killed someone else as an irresponsible drive, and excess speed was a factor in both. Granted, booze was the main factor, but any injuries would have been much less has there not been a healthy dollop of extra speed spinkled over the top.

Don't get me wrong. If the speed limit is 45, and there's a yellow 25 sign up, I'll take it at 35-45 because I know the car can handle it, and I know the math they use to come up with those recommended speeds and know what is actually safe for an alert driver. I also will accelerate quickly...however I really don't speed much. I drive with gusto, but not dangerously...which would probably get me banned from here if I didn't supply the occasional Tesla roadster photo. :p

Got an R4 Revolution modchip for my Nintendo DS, cost as much as an average DS cartridge (w/o the microSD card).

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/13/SPA0234.jpg

How much fun is the DS, i was considering getting a DS lite over a psp...

^ I think most people like the PSP better but I love my DS Lite. The PSP just has too many features and too many supposed uses, plus the games are all the things you've seen on the bigger Play Stations.

The DS is for gaming and gaming alone, and it does a good job of it. It might seem to you that the second screen is just a gimmick but it isn't, a lot of the games use the touch screen in a pretty innovative way. There's lots of fun games too... from New Super Mario Bros., to Trauma Center (you do surgery on the touch screen), to the new Zelda that just came out.

I've always been a fan of Nintendo and I think the DS is great. The PSP has better graphics and more 'adult' game titles but when it comes down to it, I find the DS is more fun to play. The games on the PSP make you wish you were playing on a big TV, but the games on the DS are made so you can play them nicely on a tiny screen (or two) on the go.

Ooh, aah, I'm having myself some nerdy fun tonight! My new GPU is in the mail, I'm getting a memory module from a friend this afternoon and then I'm gonna get me a motherboard and a processor from the shop.

Nah, nothing really fancy. The GPU is a used MSI X1900 XTX 512MB, the memory is your basic Kingston valueram DDR2-667 1GB, the motherboard is pretty much the most basic MSI the shop has readily available (MSI K9N NEO-F V3) and to go with that I'll get a X2 4000+. The need for an upgrade has been around for a while, but recently my PC started crashing and after a while it wouldn't even boot unless I used fail-safe defaults from the bios. XP 2500+ running @ 1,1GHz... "ludicrous speed". I'm guessing the motherboard has had it. Hopefully not the processor, since I'm going to put that to my missis' computer, so she would get a speed upgrade as well.

I was originally planning for a Core2Duo setup, Q6600/E6750, a nice MB, 2 gigs of fast ram, and a X1950 XT(X). Would've cost me at least 550 euros with the E6750...even more with the Quad. Now I had to settle for what I could find, and cheap, though with the GPU I made an exception. I wanted something that would last me at least a couple of years, and I guess I'll be satisfied in that area (hey, I've been running a R9800 Pro for 3 years now) :p I'll get some more memory later (maybe even upgrade to faster ram altogether), but right now I just didn't have the budget to be picky. And I'll try some modest overclocking with the cpu, shouldn't be that hard...I mean, how hard can it be? :lol:

It'll be weird once I get the pc up and running and play some of my games I'm already used to play at settings like 1024x768 with details at low/medium. I think I'll look like this for a moment -> :blink:

Oblivion, here I come! :D

--------------------------------------------------

*mumbling random curses* ...notice anything missing in this picture?

full

The goddamn Finnish post office just had to mess up my package. The package left in time, it arrived in time to the sorting center of this area but somehow they managed to "misplace" it or something, since they didn't get it in time to our local post office. And the "funny" thing is, I live next door to the goddamn sorting center, it's a longer walk to our local post office!

...well, I guess I'll use this evening to prepare for the upgrade, copy all important data from the C-drive and so on... *sigh*

Last edited:
They're multiplying!

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/13/IMG1345med.JPG

Actually, I finally ran out of drive space on my original MediaGate, and there were two solutions

1: Buy a bigger hard drive. The problem with this was that the MediaGate takes IDE drives, and they don't seem to be stocking a lot of these nowadays. Also, it was a pain in the neck transferring all the data from one to the other.

2: Buy another unit and hard drive. Now the new wireless unit has 320GB to store my movies and Top Gear, the older 250GB unit store MP3s, pics and other videos.

That's the GB Micro, correct?

I've never seen one in person but it looks rather tiny. Why didn't you just go for a DS Lite? Is it a lot cheaper?

Just bought that :)

P1030164.jpg

And I found Final Fantasy VI Advance on eBay :)

Woot, my belated birthday presents to myself have arrived :D

EVGA 8800GT Superclocked Edition and Crysis :D
http://img405.imageshack.**/img405/872/p1070701ky6.th.jpg

at less than 10% slower than a 8800gtx (as non superclocked version already), yes it is...

New keyboard and mouse, ?20 can't argue with that.

AW07202-1706TPS193228.jpg

Plus I added another RAM module onto mt Think Pad, now has 2x256mb. Took it from my brothers lptop which is well totally buggered.

You tube compatible mode, possibly with a software solution that allows uploading without any complexity upon connecting? What else could it be...