New Top Gear Interactive DVD

poacher

Richard Hammond's Top Gear Interactive Challenge

Within this disc you'll find a series of rounds designed to test your skill and judgement, or maybe just your powers of guesswork. That;s not all either because, right there from the comfort of your armchair, you'll get to blow up a load of caravans - and possibly Richard Hammond as well - simply by pushing a button on your remote control.

DVD games always suck. Irrelevant of the fact its a Top Gear one. Hammond's just been paid enough so he does it, but the others wouldn't. Don't buy it. I haven't and never will.

I actually quite like the sound of this, it would give me something good to do this Christmas anyway, rather than the usual watch The Snowman, get slightly drunk and fall asleep on the sofa routine!

I've never been even remotely tempted to buy a DVD game, but I will be getting this one. It'll be less that $20, so if it isn't any good, I won't be wasting much money. Those of us in Australia will have to wait until January 2nd to get our hands on it though.

I've got it and it's over pretty quickly - especially if you play the Billy No Mates option - as a team it might be a bit better but there are only five rounds.

You do get to blow up a caravan though and there are some (and I mean 'some') Top Gear clips.

My wife and I played through it when we got our copy last week (yes, I am in the US. That is what multi-standard DVD players are for!). It is certainly short (5 rounds) and not as dry as James May's DVD quiz which came out earlier. Have not yet managed to blow up the caravan which Hamster is "hiding" in. That segment had a very "Brainiac" feel to it.

Is it worth the money? That is up to you. We thought so. Better than endless repeating broadcast cruft we are made to suffer through in the US.

Oh yes, my wife beat me first time through. The "land mine" round did me in.