Your Camera Equipment

Got my Lowepro "Off Trail 2" bag today, and have some other bits and peices coming:
Cokin A series filter holder and 58mm adaptor ring (have a few of dad's old A series filters here I can use)
Some of those screw in "macro"/enlarging lenses to suit the 58mm lenses,
A hood for my 75-300
A Canon EF 50mm F/1.4 USM Lens and hood
A 58mm ND8 and a UV filter (both hoya) as all three lenses I have now use 58mm threads.
I'm going to buy a C-PL filter too now because unlike the too kit lenses the 50mm f1.4's barrel doesn't rotate when focussing.

Pic of the mk III was taken with a 5d with a 17-40 f4.

Silencer- I was thinking about a 50 1.4. I have zoom coverage from 17-200mm but no primes in there. There are definitely times when I would have liked fast glass like the 1.4. It's a sweet lens- can't wait to see your photos with it!

Oops, lens still isn't here. Turns out my old man forgot to pay for it (doh!) so another 3-7 days wait. I've got my A series filter holder and adaptors now, as well as a UV and an ND8 filter... just gotta wait for some decent clear skys to go for a drive down to the beach with the ND8 and a linear polariser to do some sunset over silky water type shots...

Pic of the mk III was taken with a 5d with a 17-40 f4.

Silencer- I was thinking about a 50 1.4. I have zoom coverage from 17-200mm but no primes in there. There are definitely times when I would have liked fast glass like the 1.4. It's a sweet lens- can't wait to see your photos with it!

Funny you mention that, Iben...I bought a Nikon 50MM f/1.8. BUY IT. DO IT. The bokeh and DOF is so soft and diffused. And it was a steal at $129.

*EDIT* Whoops, forgot you are a Canon man. Well, it should be the same price. Also, I would skip the 1.4 because it has been described as "tempermental".

Last edited:
i think i should let the finalgear folks know...

i'm turning away from the dark side.

my next camera gear revamp will result in Canon.

right now...i feel that the 40D brings more to the table than the D200. the D300...is just too crazy of a price difference.

and I had a chance to shoot with some L glass past weekend...and well. And they do offer a wider range of lenses that Nikon doesn't have--that actually happen to be useful.

My equipment at the moment:

Canon 1Ds MkII
Canon 1D MkII N (just sold, going to upgrade to the MkIII hopefully sooner rather than later)
Canon 20D

Canon EF 16-35 f2.8L
Canon EF 24-70 f2.8L
Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS
Canon EF 24 f1.4L
Cacon EF-s 10-22 f3.5-4.5

Canon 1.4 extender II

Canon Speedlite 580EX II
Canon Speedlite 430EX
modified Canon Off Camera Shoe Cord 2

Velbon EL Carmagne 640A Carbon Fiber Tripod Legs
Manfrotto 488RC4 head

lots of B+W filters
many bags
and a lot of other accessories. :)

oh and another thing about the Canon system...

it meters better in mixed light---which is the light i'm shooting in MOST of the time.

Well, here is my list of stuff:

Cameras:
Nikon D50.
Nikon N2000.

Lenses:
Nikkor 50mm F/1.8
Nikkor 18-55mm F/3.5 - 5.6
Nikkor 55-200mm F/4 -5.6
Nikkor 35-70mm F/3.3 - 4.5
Vivitar 70-210mm F/4.5 - 5.6 macro

Filters:
Hoya PL-CIRC
Toshiba UV
Canon UV
Quantaray 80A
Quantaray X3 magnification
Quantaray orange (YA2)

Lighting:
Quantaray QDC 900WA hot shoe flash
Vivitar zoom thyristor 3500

Other:
Lowepro Mini Magnum bag
Lowepro Nova 3 AW bag
Polaroid table stand (very sturdy)
Quantaray Dig-Pro 8500 tripod
Fairfax Elevator tripod (mount is hand cranked)

May as well list mine as there have been some recent additions to the family.

Camera
Canon 350D

Lenses
Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 with hood
Canon EF II 50mm f/1.8 with hood
(I sold the 90-300 as I didn't use it often but will replace next year sometime)

Cards
1 x SanDisk Ultra II 1GB CF
2 x SanDisk Ultra II 2GB CF

Filters
Hoya UV
Hoya Circ-Pol

Misc.
Manfrotto 190XPROB Tripod with 486RC2 Ball Head
Manfrotto 676B Monopod
Crumpler $6Million Home

For some reason the shops around here have all been out of the canon ST-E2 unit, but now it was finally in stock again. So I had to have one of those, another 430EX and a velbon tripod (so I have 1 tripod for each blitz, and one for the camera)

morenewtoys.jpg

Me happy. Me like. Now I have to spend some time playing around with them to see how much light they produce, before deciding what the last 2 blitz units will be (430 or 580).

I'm sure as s**t not going to run out of light when shooting in 2008!! :)

For some reason the shops around here have all been out of the canon ST-E2 unit, but now it was finally in stock again. So I had to have one of those, another 430EX and a velbon tripod (so I have 1 tripod for each blitz, and one for the camera)

Me happy. Me like. Now I have to spend some time playing around with them to see how much light they produce, before deciding what the last 2 blitz units will be (430 or 580).

I'm sure as s**t not going to run out of light when shooting in 2008!! :)

20K NOK of camera equipment?