CES + TV-B-Gone Remote = Good times had by few

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
http://gizmodo.com/343348/confessions-the-meanest-thing-gizmodo-did-at-ces.php

^ Clicky the link for video.

CES has no shortage of displays. And when MAKE offered us some TV-B-Gone clickers to bring to the show, we pretty much couldn't help ourselves. We shut off a TV. And then another. And then a wall of TVs. And we just couldn't stop. (And Panasonic, you're so lucky that 150-incher didn't have an active IR port.) It was too much fun, but watching this video, we realize it probably made some people's jobs harder, and I don't agree with that (Especially Motorola). We're sorry.

That was amusing. Nice find, blind.

lol, assholes.

lol, evil bastards

Bit tight doing it in the middle of peoples presentations, people's Jobs depend on how well they can market stuff like that .... still ... I laughed ... and can't say I wouldn't do the same given the opportunity. ^_^

Who thinks they'll be covering up those infrared receivers next year? :lol:

I wonder if you can play lights out on those walls of screens. :eek:

I personally would've gone straight for the 150"er. :lol:

Wow, what an amazing display of immaturity. Doing it to the walls of TV's was kinda funny, but continually screwing up the Motorola guy's presentation? They should have better judgement than that. I hope Gizmodo never gets another press pass to CES after that stunt.

Wow, what an amazing display of immaturity. Doing it to the walls of TV's was kinda funny, but continually screwing up the Motorola guy's presentation? They should have better judgement than that. I hope Gizmodo never gets another press pass to CES after that stunt.
Yeah, doing it on static displays is utterly hilarious, but when someone's job is on the line...

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9849168-7.html%22

CEA's take on CES Gizmodo prank: Banned!
Posted by Rafe Needleman

In reaction to "Gizmodogate," the gadget blog's prank of shutting down flat-screen displays on the show floor and during demos at CES (see Bloggers behaving badly), the conference's organizer, the Consumer Electronics Association, sent me this statement:

We have been informed of inappropriate behavior on the show floor by a credentialed media attendee from the Web site Gizmodo, owned by Gawker Media. Specifically, the Gizmodo staffer interfered with the exhibitor booth operations of numerous companies, including disrupting at least one press event. The Gizmodo staffer violated the terms of CES media credentials and caused harm to CES exhibitors. This Gizmodo staffer has been identified and will be barred from attending any future CES events. Additional sanctions against Gizmodo and Gawker Media are under discussion.

Pwnt?

Looks like someone's getting a harsh realization that "lighten up dude! It was just a joke!" isn't a suitable answer when billions of $$$ is on the line. :lol: