Site Bugs [Not Forum Bugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hotmail, so it wouldn't have been a problem with their servers.

Actually, if I wasn't not receiving the newsletters myself on my Gmail powered e-mail, I'd go with Hotmail over our servers. Hotmail is super notorious of falsely blocking legitimate spam while at the same time, being nice enough to let tons of spam into your inbox.

Ditch Hotmail and go with Gmail. ^_^

Looks like the problem may be the server / colo doesn't like me sending out e-mails with 1300+ BCC's. I sent it to the admins (6 users) and the e-mail came through fine. I send a test to the whole list, no luck.

Looks like I'll have to setup batch e-mailing (i.e. like 250 per e-mail or something).

Quiky: any way to find out if this is a server config thing or a ISP thing? And what the limit per e-mail is?

Well, the forums use gmail hosted, but the other emails should be using the internal postfix server. I will check the config in a bit to see where the issue is..

Is there a way to make the forum not automatically replace text with emoticons? It keeps fucking up my posts and some URLs. I actually use the colon and semicolon in punctuation (I know, weird).

Is there a way to make the forum not automatically replace text with emoticons? It keeps fucking up my posts and some URLs. I actually use the colon and semicolon in punctuation (I know, weird).

Check the "Disable smilies in text" button.

Well, the forums use gmail hosted

SMTP? There's a plugin I can install to make WordPress use SMTP rather than mail().

Actually, if I wasn't not receiving the newsletters myself on my Gmail powered e-mail, I'd go with Hotmail over our servers. Hotmail is super notorious of falsely blocking legitimate spam while at the same time, being nice enough to let tons of spam into your inbox.

Ditch Hotmail and go with Gmail. ^_^

Haha, thanks for the tip. 8)

Er, used the wrong word before.

[...] Hotmail is super notorious of falsely blocking legitimate e-mails while at the same time, being nice enough to let tons of spam into your inbox. [...]

^It is an option at the bottom of the screen when posting a new post.

pic.JPG

Check this ;)

Not sure if this has been mentioned before probably has but I am not receiving e-mail updates to my Gmail account, they don't end up in spam just not being received. Haven't for months.

Is this specific to me or a site wide issue? If so when is the ETA on a fix?

Keep up the good work!!

search issue (smileyface)

search issue (smileyface)

why am i transferred to this page (attached image) after just a second or two being on the search page (the search page for episodes on the main site, not the forums)?
the url stays the same (http://www.finalgear.com/epsearch/) but there's just a white screen with a tiny tiny smileyface in the top left corner... the smileyface is not copyable. it's a photo/picture/gif-file (will attach that one as well)
why is it so?

I'm using opera 9.24.8816 by the way.

in IE it works fine, but in Opera I keep getting that stupid blank page... even if I'm fast enough so i press search before the screen appears, after a second or two of the search-results-page it appears again... And pressing "back" to go back doesn't help either...

You should consider using a non-shitty browser. ;)

Seriously, Opera sucks. Use Firefox. :|

But anyway, I'll see if I can figure out what the problem is.

EDIT: Fixed now? Seems to be.

Last edited:
Is there away I can make the post screen show just the image text instead of the image because everytime I post more than two images, I can't type under the images anymore

Thanks in advance.

Is there away I can make the post screen show just the image text instead of the image because everytime I post more than two images, I can't type under the images anymore

Thanks in advance.

Thats a forum issue. When posting, click this image:
switchmode.gif

It should default to the non-WYSIWYG editor if I have it set up right. I hate that thing.

You may have your options different though. You can change your preferences for that in your UserCP.

Status
Not open for further replies.