Fast Lane Daily calls Clarkson an anti-American douche bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you actually watch the tape?

He doesn't call Clarkson a douche bag. He just asks his audience if they like him or think of him as that.
Uh, it's basically saying the same thing. Calling him a douchebag without coming right out and saying it. (Notice they also put up a very unflattering picture of Jeremy while he says it).

Uh, it's basically saying the same thing. Calling him a douchebag without coming right out and saying it. (Notice they also put up a very unflattering picture of Jeremy while he says it).

That's actually JCs best side

<offtopic>
Does anyone really care about Anti-American stuff? I'm English, everyone hates us, The French, the Scottish the Irish (they really hate us) the Germans...most other countries in Europe, Most of the middle East, I don't think America really likes us, Do I care? Nope.
</offtopic>

Last edited:
By the way, Clarkson does say alot of complete shite half the time. I honestly can't blame people from getting offended. And he hates cars just for their make instead of the way they look! How stupid is that!?

Aww, Clarkson must be so hurt. Poor widdle baby, some big meanie in a Giants shirt called him a douchebag. :cry:

"Most Americans barely have the brains to stand on their back legs."

Aww, Clarkson must be so hurt. Poor widdle baby, some big meanie in a Giants shirt called him a douchebag. :cry:

"Most Americans barely have the brains to stand on their back legs."

Like i said, some people think because you like top gear means you need to worship at the feet of the presenters, and say nothing but flattering things about them. *Texan voice* "Or youuuu caaann juuuuust geeeet ouut"

Do they make any money from doing this crap show anyway? All they do is browse a bunch of automotive news stories and then read them back on a YouTube video.

I hope to God none of you actually make a point of watching their videos. They're just so bad. I mean come on, American car shows on national TV are terrible, what can we expect from an American car show done by kids on the internet?

<offtopic>
Does anyone really care about Anti-American stuff? I'm English, everyone hates us, The French, the Scottish the Irish (they really hate us) the Germans...most other countries in Europe, Most of the middle East, I don't think America really likes us, Do I care? Nope.
</offtopic>

Well said. (you missed out the fact that pretty much all the ex-colonies hate or at least pity us).

Are you Cornish or do you just live down there, because that's not England, well not according to Mebyon Kernow? No MK hate the English. Fuck 'em they can have their surf and cider fueled economy. I mean they don't even have any oil, no that's in Dorset.

If you think everyone hates the English, you should try being American. :p

Like i said, some people think because you like top gear means you need to worship at the feet of the presenters, and say nothing but flattering things about them. *Texan voice* "Or youuuu caaann juuuuust geeeet ouut"

Who? When? We all know Clarkson is an arrogant arse, but he's an entertaining arrogant arse; that's the whole point, his persona, his appeal. He's been making a handsome living out it for over 20 years. Plenty of people in the UK love to hate him.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fpL9a-5LFpI

#1 right after calling him that, he says "we dont Jeremy"
#2 Top gear without clarkson, may, hammond = never work!

That's actually JCs best side

<offtopic>
</offtopic>
You left out Australians.

What on earth is a douche bag?? Seriously if you are going to insult him at least use English that an English person will actually understand. Idiots :lol:

What on earth is a douche bag?? Seriously if you are going to insult him at least use English that an English person will actually understand. Idiots :lol:

Douche: (noun) - as defined in the WordWeb application.
1) A small syringe with detachable nozzles; used for vaginal lavage and enemas
2) Irrigation with a jet of water or medicated solution into or around a body part (especially the vagina) to treat infections or cleanse from odorous contents

So, if JC is a "douche bag" he is, by definition, a bag of syringes with detachable nozzles...alleviating irritation in all the c**ts (pardon the language). I've heard of worse jobs. :D

^ Ah...that would make more sense...excuse me a moment while the imagery causes me to vomit excessively.

Using that logic you should be insulting Americans with American English.

Technically American English is closer to older English than what the British currently speak. But anyways, Clarkson is an anti-American douche bag. I fail to see why this is a big deal. We all know it is true.

Technically American English is closer to older English than what the British currently speak. But anyways, Clarkson is an anti-American douche bag. I fail to see why this is a big deal. We all know it is true.

I'm not so sure about that, American English is closer to Latin in some of its spellings, but thats about it. Old English is a completely different beast with inflections and genders. English did not develop from Latin, it came from Old German, French words entered the English language after the Normans took over at the start of The High Middle Ages.

Anyhow I don't see Clarkson as an anti-American zealot like Roberto here on the forums. Clarkson makes fun of Americans just as much as other countries, and he has shown in numerous occasions that he does like many American things; obviously he is pro-British, but I see anything wrong with that as he is a Brit.

Last edited:
A number of words and meanings that originated in Middle English or Early Modern English and that always have been in everyday use in the United States dropped out in most varieties of British English; some of these have cognates in Lowland Scots. Terms such as fall ("autumn"), pavement (to mean "road surface", where in Britain, as in Philadelphia, it is the equivalent of "sidewalk"), faucet, diaper, candy, skillet, eyeglasses, crib (for a baby), obligate, and raise a child are often regarded as Americanisms. Gotten (past participle of get) is often considered to be an Americanism, although there are some areas of Britain, such as Lancashire and Yorkshire, that still continue to use it and sometimes also use putten as the past participle for put.

Other words and meanings, to various extents, were brought back to Britain, especially in the second half of the 20th century; these include hire ("to employ"), quit ("to stop," which spawned quitter in the U.S.), I guess (famously criticized by H. W. Fowler), baggage, hit (a place), and the adverbs overly and presently ("currently"). Some of these, for example monkey wrench and wastebasket, originated in 19th-century Britain.

The mandative subjunctive (as in "the City Attorney suggested that the case not be closed") is livelier in AmE than it is in British English; it appears in some areas as a spoken usage, and is considered obligatory in contexts that are more formal. The adjectives mad meaning "angry", smart meaning "intelligent", and sick meaning "ill" are also more frequent in American than British English.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_English#English_words_that_survived_in_the_United_States

I stand corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.