Gran Turismo 5

Can some one please just say it gets old and "too much of the same" or "not enough content" after a week or something? I really don't want to spend cash on PS3 just to play GT5P (I already have 2 360's)

I really need to hear that it gets booring and it's not worth the money. C'mon, some one...?

Can some one please just say it gets old and "too much of the same" or "not enough content" after a week or something? I really don't want to spend cash on PS3 just to play GT5P (I already have 2 360's)

I really need to hear that it gets booring and it's not worth the money. C'mon, some one...?

if you don't own a ps3 I wouldn't buy a ps3 for it, it's good but not that good to go and spend cash to buy a ps3 and prologue. Wait for the full thing, with any luck the ps3 will be cheaper as well

I already have 2 360's

Well then sell one. :rolleyes: A 360 + a PS3 is better than 2 360's.

if you don't own a ps3 I wouldn't buy a ps3 for it, it's good but not that good to go and spend cash to buy a ps3 and prologue. Wait for the full thing, with any luck the ps3 will be cheaper as well

Really? Bah, I was planning on buying one basically only for GT5P.

Then again, this is the guy who finds the game incredibly hard and who took forever to beat a simple little race. ;)

What the fuck, are you kidding me? That's like 95% of the game...

I'm seriously at a loss for words.

Does it help if I say that until last week I had never ever played anything on a PS2 before? :p

If you really love cars is worth it. What I mean is that if your objective is to get all the cars and finish the game maybe it isn't worth it. But if after that what you do is try all the cars, enjoy driving them, analyzing them, finding its flaws and its great things. Just driving for the sake of driving. Anything that goes beyond finishing the game, then it's worth it. If you want to wait, I would recommend you to wait because GT5P may not be the full experience you are looking for. If that's not the case then: go for it!

Well then sell one. :rolleyes: A 360 + a PS3 is better than 2 360's.

Really? Bah, I was planning on buying one basically only for GT5P.

Then again, this is the guy who finds the game incredibly hard and who took forever to beat a simple little race. ;)

Yeah i'd save your cash Viper there really isn't that much to do in prologue, but some of the races are just retardedly difficult

If it doesn't compare to Forza 2 (or Forza 3 the way the GT series keeps getting pushed back) then I can't fathom buying a PS3... although I could use a Blue Ray player...

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't buy a PS3 then. :(

Does it help if I say that until last week I had never ever played anything on a PS2 before? :p
Yeah, that means at least you haven't had the game sitting around forever and been missing out on the best part.

Seriously -- go play single player mode. It's awesome.

I sitll don't know how there's people who say GT5P it's just a Demo and isn't worth buying. I'm sorry but that means 2 thing (IMHO):

-Or they haven't played the game
-Or they just don't like the PS3

People! Wake up! Yes GT5P has only 6 tracks and not a big number of cars. But it's a complete game in it's core! As some people said before, it's a game more complete than some of the ones that are already in the stores. The level of change GT5 has brought to the series is astonishing. And don't let me start talking about the graphics because they are from another world. :p

And yes, buying a PS3 for GT5P it's a bit expensive, but are you people going to play only GT5? You have a really good future catalogue of games comign whcich will also make the investment worth it. Gran Turismo 5 will take almost a year to be finished. So waiting for the real deal will make the wait horribly long. Instead GT5P will be updated with things such as damages and many other stuff they have refused to tell us to not spoil us the surprise. And everything for free. No updates have to be paid. No online service has to be paid. Only the game and that's it.

So if you really think that buying GT5 isn't worth it; that's ok.
But if you are having your doubts about it, try to play it somewhere like it should be played and think about it twice. ;)

BTW: OMG the sony rep is back! :? Sorry I don't try to sound like someone wants to sell you a PS3 (Never will) but I really think any car lover has to live the GT5P experience because it's worth it.

I think very few people here think buying GT5P isn't worth it. However, the jury (including me) is still out on whether the game is worth $450.

I sitll don't know how there's people who say GT5P it's just a Demo and isn't worth buying. I'm sorry but that means 2 thing (IMHO):

-Or they haven't played the game
-Or they just don't like the PS3

People! Wake up! Yes GT5P has only 6 tracks and not a big number of cars. But it's a complete game in it's core! As some people said before, it's a game more complete than some of the ones that are already in the stores. The level of change GT5 has brought to the series is astonishing. And don't let me start talking about the graphics because they are from another world. :p

And yes, buying a PS3 for GT5P it's a bit expensive, but are you people going to play only GT5? You have a really good future catalogue of games comign whcich will also make the investment worth it. Gran Turismo 5 will take almost a year to be finished. So waiting for the real deal will make the wait horribly long. Instead GT5P will be updated with things such as damages and many other stuff they have refused to tell us to not spoil us the surprise. And everything for free. No updates have to be paid. No online service has to be paid. Only the game and that's it.

So if you really think that buying GT5 isn't worth it; that's ok.
But if you are having your doubts about it, try to play it somewhere like it should be played and think about it twice. ;)

BTW: OMG the sony rep is back! :? Sorry I don't try to sound like someone wants to sell you a PS3 (Never will) but I really think any car lover has to live the GT5P experience because it's worth it.

Would you like to see a photo of my copy of gt5p and my playstation 3?

What I was saying was that it's not really worth it to go and shell out for a ps3 just for prologue and to wait and see what pack in deals there are when the real deal comes out.

Would you like to see a photo of my copy of gt5p and my playstation 3?

What I was saying was that it's not really worth it to go and shell out for a ps3 just for prologue and to wait and see what pack in deals there are when the real deal comes out.

I see your point and I partially agree with you. But the thing is you are not only investing on a PS3 solely for GT5. Hou also have got FFXIII (If you like RPG's), Haze, MGS4, RFOM, and many other games. Of course GT5 would be the main reason but there's also other uses. And let's not forget about the Blu-Ray player.

I see your point and I partially agree with you. But the thing is you are not only investing on a PS3 solely for GT5. Hou also have got FFXIII (If you like RPG's), Haze, MGS4, RFOM, and many other games. Of course GT5 would be the main reason but there's also other uses. And let's not forget about the Blu-Ray player.

Just to tell you...Haze isn't going to be very good. There is a reason for all the delays.

I'm just going though the S-Class races again for pure enjoyment. Pro physics, cockpit view, turn up that headphone amp, force feedback for the DFP to the max, and a tuned Elise, an F430, a Z06 and a Ford GT...

And f***in' hell, Gran Turismo has never been this realistic, nor have I ever had so much fun with it. :woot::woot::burnrubber::woot::woot:

All you waiting people are missing something ... seriously!

Just to tell you...Haze isn't going to be very good. There is a reason for all the delays.

Hahahah! True!:lol:

I just mentioned it because it was one of the games that came up to my head when I was writing. Boring scenery and dull graphics may make HAZE one of the biggest flops in this generation.

One game you listed is available now and it's not really what i'd consider a must buy title (RFOM) so personally I think he'd be best to wait and see if it gets a price drop before gt5 lands.