Hit by a truck

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
Coppied from my other forum. Yes, I was hit by a truck.

Incident: 1526 Type: Traffic Collision - Ambulance Responding Location: NB US101 JSO CESAR CHAVEZ ST Zoom Map: 668 4A info as of: 4/26/2008 4:04:14 PM
ADDITIONAL DETAILS
4:04PM RIDER IN MERGE LN NEAR 280 TO 101
4:04PM RED PK TK VS MC BLKG #1 LN
3:59PM 1039 1141
3:59PM OTEHR VEH IN SLOW LANE
3:59PM RIDER AND BIKE IN #1
3:59PM MC VS VEH
RESPONDING OFFICERS STATUS
4:01PM CHP Unit Enroute
4:02PM CHP Unit Enroute

This is me, I think. I was in lane 1 passing a pickup when the driver suddenly changed lanes into me, hitting me with the side of the truck. She snapped over so fast I had no time to react. Speed: 20-25 mph.

Result, my bike is fucked up an will probably be totaled since it's a '94. I broke my left arm in two places, but they are minor non-displaced fractures.

Thank Christ for gear and Tylenol 3 with codine.

I'm tired and typing with one hand sucks.

Really glad to hear you're (relatively) okay Blind - this is the problem with riding a motorbike I guess, dickhead car drivers...

Are they charging the driver with anything?

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that, both about you and about the bike. Glad you're fine though, wish we could say the same about Maggie. :comfort:

I don't know who, if anyone will be charged. I just got back from hospital.

That sucks dude. This makes me even more scared to ride a motorcycle...you're not helping me!

So we can put you in the "has fallen off" category? ;)

Glad to hear you're OK, bummer about the bike.

Damn, that really sucks. Glad to hear you weren't too badly hurt. Hope you gave the dick in the pickup an earful once he stopped. He did stop, didn't he?

She stopped. I was too busy laying on the ground waiting to feel if anything was broken.

Happy to hear she atleast stopped, shows theirs some decency in people. Best regards to your recovery. Personally, i still want a Motorcycle, so don't feel like you've discouraged any potential owners just yet.

Oh, where and what is that messaging at the top of your thread taken from?

Damn, that's no good Blind.

Glad you're OK (to an extent), I suppose a broken arm is getting off lightly when you're on a bike.

I presume Maggie was covered insurance wise?

I plan to continue riding.

Comprehensive with $200 deductible.

when i opened this thread i thought you were driving. FUCK you were riding!!!!!! :O

idiot truck driver...glad you weren't worse off. very sad about maggie, i think you need a beer!

I am utterly outraged and horrified by the news.

Coppied from my other forum.

You have another forum? You polygamous cur!:shakefist:

Seriously though I am glade you are ok, and that the bike is covered. I wish you a speedy recovery.

On an unrelated note I would nominate the title of "Final Gear's Polygamous Cur" for Blind_Io, but his current one is just too awesome.

Blind, sorry to hear about this, but glad you're ok! Hope the arm "gets well soon" :)