[06x01] May 22nd, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmonkey

Former BBC TG Webmaster
Thread moved and renamed by Viper.

Here are the listings details for the first programme in the series:

The boys are back and in the first of a brand new series.

Jeremy Clarkson squares up against a Challenger 2 tank in the new Range Rover Sport; James May and Richard Hammond play five-a-side footie with the Toyota Aygo; the Mercedes CLS AMG - a 4 door saloon that looks like a 2 door coupe and the Element, a funky, family car from Honda.

Also tonight James Nesbitt is the 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car' and a chance for the viewer to vote for the greatest driving song of all time.

:thumbsup:

Cool, the CLS AMG :D

Range Rover Sport already lost to a horse in Fifth Gear... wonder what happens with a tank. :dunno: :D

Merc CSL AMG, hopefully goes better than looks.. Toyota Aygo is a interesting car.

Not long left

yay

Haha @ the tank bit. That's gonna be interesting! :thumbsup:

So nothing about whether they are changing the resonably priced car challenge?
Oh well ... doesn't matter I suppose :)

Hmm ... wonder if they will "blow up" the Range Rover Sport with the tank.

YipMing said:

they should change it. and we should vote on what it should be.

my vote - Nissan Cube (i would like to see it flip on its top)

Re: [06x01] May 22nd, 2005

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
the Mercedes CLS AMG -

... I wanted to see this up against the M5, and getting crushed by it :thumbsup:

yay for the new series not being so far away anymore 8)

haz

YipMing said:

I wouldn't have thought so, otherwise all the times set so far would be null and void, they would have to start again. I suppose they'll have to at some point but the bbc are too cheap to do it unless they absolutely HAVE to.

Ohhhh, 12 days is a long time :cry:

5 a side footies is 5 a side soccer :lol: ... but I'm not sure how there's going to play that. and I can't wait for the CLS review :thumbsup:

Skett said:
YipMing said:

I wouldn't have thought so, otherwise all the times set so far would be null and void, they would have to start again. I suppose they'll have to at some point but the bbc are too cheap to do it unless they absolutely HAVE to.

Didn't I hear something about moving onto a new track for the show? If so, this is the perfect time to reset the board, although it will also mean invalidating the Power Lap Times as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.