[06x03] June 12th, 2005

Leppy said:
EsPpY said:
May I ask.....

Where was the Murano bit ?

On this week's programme Jeremy makes a splash when he opens a local swimming pool; Richard Hammond finds out what happens when you take the roof off an Aston Martin DB9 with the new DB9 Volante; James May road tests the Murano, a new 4x4 from Nissan; Germany and Russia give us their interpretations of the classic British sports car with the Weismann MF3 and TVR Tuscan 2 and Christopher Ecclestone swaps the Tardis for a Toyota Liana as this week's 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car'.

Yeah... Looks like the Maserati Bora story was swapped for the Murano story.

Precisely... Ever since I saw that description, it kinda made me think....

Why in the hell would James test a sporty 4x4 ? Hes more like the kind who would rather cruise around. James isnt like Jeremy or Richard who would love to do some off roading ? Heh.

Leppy said:
mathie said:
Leppy said:
That would be good.

That will be good you mean?

No. They didn't say they were doing it. I reckon it would be good if they ended up doing that challenge.

If that was sarcasm, use a smiliey.

They didn't say they were doing it but it did here:

and there were clips of it in the first episode when they were showing all the different things from the series

EsPpY said:
Leppy said:
EsPpY said:
May I ask.....

Where was the Murano bit ?

On this week's programme Jeremy makes a splash when he opens a local swimming pool; Richard Hammond finds out what happens when you take the roof off an Aston Martin DB9 with the new DB9 Volante; James May road tests the Murano, a new 4x4 from Nissan; Germany and Russia give us their interpretations of the classic British sports car with the Weismann MF3 and TVR Tuscan 2 and Christopher Ecclestone swaps the Tardis for a Toyota Liana as this week's 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car'.

Yeah... Looks like the Maserati Bora story was swapped for the Murano story.

Precisely... Ever since I saw that description, it kinda made me think....

Why in the hell would James test a sporty 4x4 ? Hes more like the kind who would rather cruise around. James isnt like Jeremy or Richard who would love to do some off roading ? Heh.

Another point... That was just a automatic Liana, since when was it a Tardis ?

EsPpY said:

There is no car named Tardis. The vehicle Dr.Who uses to travel through time is called Tardis. :lol:

swek said:
EsPpY said:

There is no car named Tardis. The vehicle Dr.Who uses to travel through time is called Tardis. :lol:

I see.... But the phrasing is like, he used a Tardis instead of a Liana. Lol.

memphis` said:
IMO, as long as it's still possible to d/l Top Gear, it shouldn't matter if the speeds are super crappy whatsoever.

I agree =D but just curious, does anyone know who is releasing it now? You dont have to post link or anything, I was just wondering.

boafan said:
memphis` said:
IMO, as long as it's still possible to d/l Top Gear, it shouldn't matter if the speeds are super crappy whatsoever.

I agree =D but just curious, does anyone know who is releasing it now? You dont have to post link or anything, I was just wondering.

Sometimes, its best not to know certain stuffs. Be happy that you can still get them. :)

Arriving quite a bit in advance for the show was a Boeing 747 Freighter which dominated the static display of visiting and based aircraft. The aircraft has recently been retired from service with Air Atlanta Cargo and flew in from nearby Gatwick for some upcoming film work before being scrapped. For the show it was adorned in the colours of the Rutland Group and Dunsfold Park.

Hmmm from that do you think it will be making it's last appearance on Top Gear?

Ok. I dissed the historic inserts in the last episode thread but I have to admit that the Maserati segment was great! I really enjoyed it compared to the last episode Maserati historysegment by Jeremy.

GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!! that weismann was absolutely what i was waiting for- hopefully by the time i turn 40 (which is 18 years from now) it'll be sold here in the states- its so much like an e type only 6 cylinders less- i'd want it in british racing green hehehe... haaaaay oh my oh my oh my.... im in love with that car- its what ive always wanted in a car- classic looks and modern innerworks- i dunno though if that would be nice if replaced with air suspension hhhmmmm..... aaahhhhhh

A fairly decent episode. I loved the Bora segment, it would be great to own one of those.
I wish they would have done a little more on the GT, hopefully that will be coming up in a later ep.
It might have been me but Christopher Eccleston came off as a bit of a git, he is pretty good as Dr. Who though.
The Rolls segment at the end was just lame, kinda surprised he wasn't towing a caravan behind it. :thumbsup:

Leppy said:
mathie said:
Leppy said:
That would be good.

No. They didn't say they were doing it. I reckon it would be good if they ended up doing that challenge.

They are doing that -- its in the preview section of 6x01

great episode. :thumbsup:
also get a Bora in two weeks...though a little smaller.
Great colorchoice for the GT. My GT in GT4 and Forza is also midnightblue :woot:

I remember tha funny episode where Jeremy first tested the Gt and then Hamster and James make fun of him because the GT drinks to much and has silly doors :lmao:

pikindaguy said:
# The Stig laps the test track in the new Batmobile (really)

Uh, did I happen to fall asleep sometime during this episode or did this not really happen? :x

:|

^That didn't happend

But otherwise a nice episode.

Jasruler said:
Leppy said:
mathie said:
Leppy said:
That would be good.

They are doing that -- its in the preview section of 6x01

Read posts before yours. Its already been explained. With pictures too.

Captain Morgan said:
Clarkson: So you're going to get letters from these two saying "You were doing 72 and you were in 4th, and you should have been in 5th gear."
Clarkson: That's what you're going to be getting.
Clarkson: Well, not 5th gear obviously! Top Gear. Be specific on that...

:lol:

I want to see more of these kinda quotes! On the episode where they were testing the Pagani Zonda (first ep i think) Jeremy mentioned being able to go 220mph in TOP gear up from 200 in FIFTH GEAR