[06x09] July 24th, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicol Bolas said:
I'm pleased that you think Vauxhalls are thpecial, but there's a reason just about every country in the world where they sell Golf GTIs has a long waiting list (over 6 months here in Australia) whereas you can walk straight in and pick up that crappy Vauxhall with it's dodgy electronic acceleration in moments.

So you believe the waiting list correlates with the quality of the car? That is pretty extreme don't you think. And we don't know how much you would need to wait for this new Astra. Even if we would know it doesn't tell you a thing as the waiting time depends where you live.
And what do you mean with dodgy electronic acceleration?

I'm not even sure if the Astra VXR is gonna be brought out to Australia and badged as a Holden.

There hasn't been anything in the Aussie press about it.

For power, the Astra clearly wins but for build quality, I put my weight behind the GTi

Nicol Bolas said:
Kowalski said:
I Don't give a shit for what Clarkson says, that's why I'm a proud owner of a Vauxhall Vectra. :p

And the Astra VXR is a Good car and who knows: Even better than a Golf GTi. ;)

I could tell from your first post Kowalski that you were a Vauxhall owner; what sort of reflected glory do you think you're gonna get from the new Astra?

I'm pleased that you think Vauxhalls are thpecial, but there's a reason just about every country in the world where they sell Golf GTIs has a long waiting list (over 6 months here in Australia) whereas you can walk straight in and pick up that crappy Vauxhall with it's dodgy electronic acceleration in moments.

If there weren't much between the two cars people would say "Hey, they're almost as good as each other, and there's no wait for the Vauxhall AND it's cheaper, I'll get that." What actually happens is people sit in the Vauxhall, think god, this is awful, and go and put themselves on the GTI waiting list. :thumbsup:

Let's wait and see what TG have to say.

What you mean Glory??? WTF you talking about?!

If I were concerned about Glory, I would buy a car from a prestigious brand and not just any rubbish: i.e BMW 1-Series.

I Would buy, something really good: i.e Mercedes-Benz S-Class.

I Chose, my Vectra, because, I found to be a better car than my previous Mondeos and 406s - In fact - My Vectra is better, than both these cars.

I'm talking about "badge" or prestige or Image. My Vectra and the Astra are Vauxhalls. And as a Vauxhall, is another sensible workhorse, maybe too clinical but who cares???

I Like my car, ITS NOT A FERRARI OR A LAMBORGHINI! Its just a Vauxhall and I indeed don't give a shit, from the comments of a Twat who bought the wrong car, found out that his "dream car" was just another Overpriced, Unreliable Ford POS and became a crybaby: Asked for his Money back.

So, you clearly would not buy a Good Car, just because some 6ft4, fat, dodgy haired, Arrogant, Wanker says "because, it's a Vauxhall"???

Jeremy Clarkson means nothing for me: Who could entrust any positive credence upon the judgment of a motoring journalist who is willing to park an obsolete jet fighter in his front garden and then buys a car incapable of getting him to work without having to refill his fuel tank every 70 miles?

YOU SHOULD KNOW, that Vauxhall ranked better than Volkswagen and Oh dear...Hyundai is getting better than Volkswagen in terms of customer satisfaction:

Take a look at the J.D Power Survey and see where Vauxhall ranked:

2004034afull.gif

VOLKSWAGEN IS IN THE TOILLET!

But then you said: People sit behind a Vauxhall or a Hyundai and think: "Oh God this is awful".

Well, I'm afraid what they will say, when one day, they we will be driving their pathethic VWs and all of a sudden, the damn Hep of Junk stops and when they open the bonnet, they will say: "Oh God this is awful!"

Not to mention, the horrible crayon smell and broken palstics every where, then they will say: Oh dear this awfully semlly and noisy! How stupid I was, I should have bought a Honda!"

But, then VWs have a..."soul", at least, that's what their mechanics will say, every day when you bring the car to him. "Screw this soul thing, I buy a Hyundai next time, at least I got a 5 year warranty."

By the way: Don't buy a car just because of the stupid badge, we're disgusted of idiots who bought the Vaneo just because it's a Mercedes.

Volkswagen means nothing actually, and they are facing a financial crisis that God knows what is going to happen to them - The Phaeton is miserable sales flop, the Jetta is an Overpriced Piece of Junk and so as you precious Golf.

del plz

del plz

hmm, this post wasn't intended, can someone delete it or something? :D

sorry!

Winner: Kowalski :thumbsup:

Vauxhall or Opel are just worse than VW, they havent produced any decent car apart form the astra in the last years. They have had quality and image issues, and not to forget they have upset a lot of customers with stupid advertising

A lot of the technology of the Phaeton went into the Bentley Continental's, and VW claims that they are making profit now, dont believe that but OK :D :D

static said:
Nicol Bolas said:

So you believe the waiting list correlates with the quality of the car? That is pretty extreme don't you think. And we don't know how much you would need to wait for this new Astra. Even if we would know it doesn't tell you a thing as the waiting time depends where you live.
And what do you mean with dodgy electronic acceleration?

Precisely we had long lists on PT Cruiser which is not a great car by any means, same with 300C. Waiting lists are not a testament to a great car, it simply means that marketing towards a particular customer base worked very well. Which is an achievement mostly contributed to styling, but nothing more.

Time

Time

Hello

Did the M5 do a power lap?
If so, what was the time?

can someone please open the thread in specific ep discussions and STOP DISCUSSING HERE......

YOU GUYS CAN'T FOLLOW SIMPLE RULES?

alright, how about NO MORE PRE-EP DISCUSSION THREADS?

This is what you'll get.

I'm sick of having to watch and read those topics just because some can't behave.

Next time I ditch the whole fucking section, that's all.

For now this is locked, and I'll open the official thread when I feel like so, how's that?

You stupid asshats, why couldn't you wait 1 or 2 hours for the other thread to open, I would ban you for a day if I could! :x

and someone had posted the M5's laptime...

I deleted his post.

but he better walk with a tight ass, cause if I get an occasion to shove a nuclear missile in it, I will.

What's so hard about people to understand about NO FUCKING SPOILERS IN THE PRE-EPISODE THREADS?

Jesus...

Thread reopened. Don't make me relock it.

yeh well how about you open appropriate thread straight after top gear was aired? I looked, it wasnt created so I wrote it here, anyway this thread has no use now.

Yeah, well, ask politely and ye shall receive, I'm mad, I don't get mad, Ren gets mad, but I'm mad now :x

*Whooosahh whooosahhh*
Ok, I'm good, anyway go talk about the ep in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.