[08x08] July 30th, 2006

Good episode I would say. The first segment was a bit pointless, but the rest was good. :thumbsup:

Roadie part was boring , M15 was :thumbsup:, van challenge was :lol: .

Richard (in the van after ewinning the drag race): *sound turned down* *covers mouth* "Whoops, where did that come from?!"

James (en route as roadie): "Oh ruddy Nora, I'm already going the wrong way!"

JC: "[...]with your Tippex teeth[...]"

Is it me or where they a bit...raunchy in this ep? I mean JC asking Button about his sex life, the Stig intro (Celebrity love Island or something)...then again, there's always stuff like that, so never mind :roll:

very enjoyable, i did miss the news, but its still better than everything thats on TV :lol:

And it won its' timeslot last night, beating both ITV and BBC1 :)

What can I say about this EP that hasn't already been said. On the whole a good EP. Let down at the begining with the roadie trip there is no place for a van test if you can even call it that, the conclustion was pretty much what I thinking to myself b4 the test ended. Some1 else mentioned the EP though I can't put my finger on it just didn't seem to flow or was strangly different somehow.

The Nobile was great 0.1 second slower than the Z06 and while I am not fan of American cars I was staggered at the pace of that Corvette but the Noble just as fast, miles better looking and an interior you can live with only a damn side more expensive Z06 $64,890 USD M-15 $112 000 USD

I really got the feeling that Jenson B really wanted to be faster than "the" very good enjoyed it, SiaRPC was good (for a change) I normally watch the EP on TV then download and watch again but skip that bit, but not this time.

Van Challange was as good as I expecting it to be however what I did think while I was watching Roadie trip, M-15, Jenson, Ray Winstone this ain't leaving a heck of lot of time for white van challange and thats what happened they seemed to cram as much in as possible in a hour I feel there was a lot more potential in Van Challange which could have been explored by removing Roadie Trip altogether.

Chupacabras said:
very enjoyable, i did miss the news, but its still better than everything thats on TV :lol:

Thats because you are a Canadian :lol: must be hell what Yanks could not do in 1812 they do in the 21st Century invade though the box. :lol: Why is American TV such drivel

I am being unkind TG is better than anything on British TV also.

epp_b said:
Thats because you are a Canadian
Yeah...we, get, uh...CBC. Whoopie...

CBC is leaps and bounds better than Global, CTV, ect...

We also can get BBC World, BBC Kids (which shows blackadder, red dwarf ect) and BBC Canada... :)

Decent episode overall with the best part being the car thief trying to break into the vans. I think the producers are running out of ideas because there were way too many challenges this series. Anyways, the next season is only two months away. I just hope it won't be the final one.

White van challenge was cool!
JC: "Did you wash it too high a setting?"

And you could see JC had a great time at The Who's concert.

Noble was cool, with Hammond swearing! :lol:
Jensen has too much facial hair.
James had a car that was so slow, it could go back in time....

Overall, 1 of the best eps this season had to offer.

I still have this unpleasant feeling at the end of every show. Maybe it's the NEW way of making it.....

M3Plus said:
Who was that fellow doing the Top Gear Survey voiceover at the end?

Andy Wilman, Producer and creator of Modern Top Gear

As above felt dis-jointed. Have to say Im no fan of The Who, but after seeing Townshend I wanted to punch his face in. Dodgy Freak!

Also, much as I like Ray Winstone. As ever not sure hes the best guest especially after the "Im not really into cars" line. Why go on Top Gear then?

epp_b said:
CBC is leaps and bounds better than Global, CTV, ect...
Really? I must ask, what do you watch on CBC other than hockey? And don't say "Zed".

News mainly - i cant stand any other canadian news, current affairs shows, lots of the shows like hot type on newsworld i quite like, some of the docos are quite good as well... that and they show the simpsons at around 5pm daily...

saying all that, I dont watch a tonne of TV

awesome episode I must say.... the Van challenge was :lol:... although I would have liked it more if they take the cars on the road like the other challenges, it seemed quite boring on the track compared to the road.

lol... I think the bit that had me cracking up the MOST, was the first challenge.... the drag race. Besides the fact that the vans were absolutely dreadful... THE CAMERA MAN.... lol.... The camera was prepared to capture the drag race of an Enzo and Zonda.... Not a SUPER CARRY... LOL.

And james trying to assemble the door...
"I was just about finished..."
"No you weren't! You were fiddling with your spanners!!! Polishing them...."
"You were. You'd given them all names!!! This is Geoffrey, this is Jim, This is Stephen...."

And yes. I really thought I was the only one who saw that James had six mattresses in the back in all the challenges after the moving bit. I really want to know what that was about.......

Really really good episode though..... Thanks

javamac10 said:
And yes. I really thought I was the only one who saw that James had six mattresses in the back in all the challenges after the moving bit. I really want to know what that was about......

I was really hoping he'd drop them out of the back to throw off the Stig.