[13x01] June 21st, 2009

[13x01] June 21st, 2009

• Total voters
A solid episode for a "re-vamped" Tog Gear, altho it seems like they are saving the best for last (F1 vs. Veyron in the Middle East desert...*drool).

In the preview they showed, that rally slow-mo cinematography was mesmerizing, I'm surprised someone hasn't yet made a rally documentary in that style (I'd watch it).

Or, as is getting to be usual with Top Gear, it could have been scripted and staged to that point.

You can probably bet it was, no way would they have stuck Jeremy's bad back on that bike for that many miles, or James "I Abore Physical Work" May on the train shoveling coal. Even though I thought Jeremy was going to take the car for sure, I actually liked the way it turned out, as Jeremy seemed to have more of a rapport with the train operators than either of the other 2 ever could.

I'm quite sure the stig for the day is schumi (only on that day). That's becuz if you guys listened properly b4.. JC said that the owner of FXX can only drive it on the track, which explains y schumi is there if the demo FXX is his. But, schumi cant drive a stick/ manual?? now, that's shocking =/

Overall, it was a great race, I'd love it more, had James asked the bartender to tell JC that he went for a loo and has bought him a beer while he awaits the rest to join him.. would have been awesome that way.. LoL

9/10 I would have really liked to see MS lap the Liana.

FXX :jawdrop:

A solid 9!

Guys the FXX is street legal, Edo fitted it with light and ran it on streets, check youtube.

What an amazing epp...

10/10

The cinematography in the race was just superb.

The FXX and Schumi! :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: Amazing!

/Regarding the FXX and the laptime: only cars which can clear the a "sleeping policeman" (aka speed bump) can go on the board. And the FXX can do that.

Hi all!

I really love the Top Gear show at all, so I was looking forward for next new series..

First episod is really epic with this 60-year-old-race between a loco, auto and moto. Cpt. Slow really attempts to be faster))

Schumey-Stig is of course a fake, real fake)) watch Stig's behavior & motion... and compare to Schumey's ones... not the same

Liana was destroyed to death (of camera) :)))

Nice start, waiting for next sessions!

More than a bit disappointing: The race wasn't particularly good, and had too many beautiful camera shots and not enough falling over and catching fire+ not that exciting end.

Evora review was also a bit meh, nothing to get excited about.

As for the Stig, was entertaining seeing Michael on the show, but TBH it would have been much better if they'd cut the Stig out of it and just had Schumi as the SIARPC with a proper lap, but I guess they told everyone about revealing the Stig to attract viewers.

6/10

After watching the behind the scenes videos, it was interesting to note that Schumi did the FXX lap himself - having never driven around this track.

It was also interesting to see a whole team of Ferrari mechanics flown in from Italy to set up the car etc. :lol:

Apparently her name is Madison Welch and I'm under the impression you shouldn't Google her at work.

I wouldn't mind googling her at home. :eek:

She's only done topless for those that are now too afraid to do a search.

After watching the behind the scenes videos, it was interesting to note that Schumi did the FXX lap himself - having never driven around this track.

It was also interesting to see a whole team of Ferrari mechanics flown in from Italy to set up the car etc. :lol:

Of course, the F1 season is lost, they had to try and win something this year.

Last edited:
After watching that I'm a 5 year old again, I don't know if I just haven't watch top gear in a long time o whatever, but that was just epic.

I got goosebumps, I wasn't just pure nonesense, fire and falling over, it was great it had that special something for me

My god I love Top Gear

TEN! I loved it when Jezzer had his face covered in coal dead tired and Captain slow giving him beer! Totally fab man!

Watching it again - it's hilarious that 1) the only one of the three vehicles that didn't break was the Jag (which everyone apparently expected to die) and 2) James' reaction when nothing was breaking on him - and when he was nervously checking the gauges. :D

Whoa! What an episode. Actually, I missed a bit Jag getting some Lucasian antics but loved the steam engine, britains most modern train :lol:. They really caught the engines power on tape.

An Shuey was the stig only for today - as I am the really one, obviously.

It's about time someone hit that fucking cameraman at the hammerhead.

I don't know if it's been said already in this thread (tl;dr), but that's also MS's own FXX, so it would make sense that he did the lap himself. His is pure black, whereas the factory ones have a white accent.

Last edited:
THEY FUCKING HAD SCHUMACHER AND DIDN'T PUT HIM IN THE LIANA???? ffs! We could have had a clear cut decision on whether he or hill was faster.

ARGH :'(

:facepalm: Do you realise Schumacher is the stig ?

EDIT: Just saw Schumachers lap in the Liana. :mrgreen::lol:

Last edited:
9/10, with the -1 for the news or lack thereof really. Talk about the F1 shit happening, GM being ruined, what happened to the Stirling Moss SLR that they showed in the gallery? What about some other cars that are more exciting than a Skoda? Why were you talking about vets? Stop being off topic all the time? GRR. I want my news back!!

Other than that, it was a brilliantly epic and awesome show. The Evora review was average (lol slower than exige, but expected to be if you're driving a camry engine), but I like the camera work in this one and also how Jezza drives in the grass. The FXX: My god, it sounds so fucking spectacular! And of course they're gonna pull it off next week, which they do with the non-road-legal cars. Now the Schtig. Obviously, he's not the Stig and only there to drive the FXX. Obviously, they set up the Liana bit at the end to keep the speculation going and thank goodness for that. I don't wanna know who he is, even long after i'm dead.
As for the race, that was one awesome and rather facinating race. I've learned a lot from that film about the trouble of steam trains and motorbikes and that you can always rely on a 60 year old Jag.

Can't wait for next week. Good to have you back, boys.

I'm really, really into some of the new camera angles and panning shots they used in the Lotus Evora review. Like at 24:56 to 25:00... and 26:34 to 26:38.