[14x01] November 15th, 2009

[14x01] November 15th, 2009

• Total voters
Great ep! Eric Bana was awesome!

That helicopter pilot is a maniac. Brilliant, but a maniac.

The last season left me a bit dissapointed but this just made up for it, what a road! With those cars in that tunnel and on that road at the end, it was awesome to watch.
Loved James with the Sandero and him in the 7 series. Enjoyed every minute of this episode :)
I sense this episode will result in some nice demotivators too :D
Will be watching it a second time tommorow

EDIT:
The most-users-online-record has been broken! :d
and yay my 100th post :lol:
Outtakes are online! and available for us outside the UK!

Last edited:
Wow! :D That road trip was just perfect. Loved every bit of this episode...

James did a great job with his road test, but he should really learn to powerslide, how hard can it be?

And it was great to see them continue their Sandero joke in real life :lol:

The end was just amazing, that road was stunning...and props to the heli pilot...

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES....
TOP GEAR IS BACK

Anyway fantastic ep...
Loved it!

Actually fell over laughing about the Dacia!!!

I really liked the episode. Season 13 was a lot of cocking about, but this show focused on the cars. And i really liked that! I hope they continue this way during this series!

Btw: May was really in love with that Sandero!

Yay!!! A Dacia Sandero :clap:

James being driven by The Stig :lol:

Richard with a cd stuck to his face :lol: :lol:

What a completely mental road :eek:

Was impressed.

I wasnt expecting to enjoy this episode so much, given the cars in the review and the repeat of the best driving road feature, but couldnt have been more wrong.

Excelent SIARPC, real shame that it was wet as he could have been on for a pretty quick time in the dry I think. The main feature was a great laugh, with some great scenery and a fantastic road, not to mention crashing a lambo.
Even the Vs test was good to watch. will be watching it on the iplayer again tomorrow I think

"Old woman with an axe!"

Nice episode, but I found myself constantly thinking, was that scipted ?

Anyway, you guys do know that you can watch BBC2 over the internet right ? I watched this episode live from Estonia.

The footage of the cars arsing around, and the lads literally eating eachother's dust in the Tunnels was fantastic.

Cracking episode. 9/10 from me :D

The BMW and Merc review was a bit too forced for my liking - it just didn't seem like Topgear (who seem to normally hide the forced bit very well). James doesn't seem to do power tests that well.

The convertibles tour was very nice, if a little cut down too much for a 'grand tour' - they had better editing with the other best road segment. A great feature to feature the Sandero so much :p And while for a second I thought that the lorry backing into the Dacia was actually a real accident, the Lambo accident must have been (although any accident that happens at that low speed is not an accident, obviously. Someone can't drive.)
However the road. :shock2::eek:

And that helicopter pilot is a legend. Also the film crew. They know what they're doing. Such a shame we don't have Sky HD, so were only watching in standard definition (and my computer won't play high def videos).

Overall, the show felt rushed. They were trying to fit way too much into an hour whilst still retaining the distinct lack of variety that made the show famous. Sure I'm fine with "Film Part 1, Car Review, SIARPC, Film Part 2", but maybe something a bit special (that isn't "Big Special 1 Hour Film") would be nice. 7/10.

Reactions: MWF
Loads of fun for a season opener. Richard with the CD stuck to his face was great and James' accident with his Lamborghini was the stuff of nightmares.
Can't help but think that someone, somewhere out there is going to complain about the cannabis in the episode. I can almost hear the pens sharpening at the Daily Mail.

Nice episode, but I found myself constantly thinking, was that scipted ?

:welcome:

And I'm with you on that. I know the debate's been done to death and of course it is scripted to an extent, but part of tonight, especially the first part of the trip to Romania and the lorry trashing the Sandero just felt forced an unnecessary. While the last five minutes had the tear pricks at the back of my eyes, when I think back to the previous "great driving road" trip this wasn't a patch.

Limo test also felt something was missing and such a shame Bana's lap was a wet one.