[14x01] November 15th, 2009

[14x01] November 15th, 2009

• Total voters
Oh shit, I forgot the poll. Added, sorry! :)

Waiting for the HD-rip was definitely worth it.

Holy shit, this thing was great.

Only the scripting could be a little bit less obvious but I'm willing to ignore that.

Also, as if I needed another reason to grin wehnever I see a Sandero but how could they go on a trip to Romania without featuring it. :D
I just hoped James' test drive was a proper review but the time didn't allow it I guess

Last edited:
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

The long wait is over and I can happily say that I nearly jizzed in my pants watching that.

I cannot wait to have the crisis once i get the HD version fully dl'd.

9/10 for me and a great start. I really REALLY am looking forward to this season.

Next week, I'll not bother downloading the SD rip. Top Gear is what HD is made for.

Regarding the "once they found the road, they're back to the studio" criticism: the SD rip is missing the critical two or three minutes that show the road, the cars and the heli pilot's skills. :)

Last edited:
I can confirm, that most of missed 2 minutes in SD rip is guys driving on Transfagarasan road so it's absolute must downloading HD version, not sure the other SD rip, cause there are two.
The road segment is absolutely EPIC, the helicopter crew is legend from now on, and I know that I have to visit this road at some point in my life - and I will since its about 1000km from where I live.

Last edited:
Just about to watch it now, hope noone minds that I shut off the torrent after uploading 98.6GB of it.......

Well Jeremy, you are welcome and welcomed... you can stay as long as you want in Romania :)
But I am afraid you will need to stay only on those roads or come back in 20yrs. The rest of the road network is a bloody mess! (thanks to the local transporters also)

Hahaha, I guess some "insider" info gave the tip about the Rex in Mamaia and the car show in front of it. Pitty only that they've hit a bad day...usually you can see also SLRs and with some luck, a Veyron.

I blew pepsi on the keyboard...through my nose...when Jeremy got that idea about buying Richard a present too...that dog:):):):)

And if next time they will also show the "general secretary of chamber of deputies" (God, his english was excruciating!), they will let them drive THROUGH that damn house!

Funny...was planing to "do" Stelvio and the other passes with my C63...but now it seems I need to go back to Romania for the "greatest road"...now how can I explain this to my insurer?

Pretty entertaining first ep., quite enjoyed it and I was pleasantly surprised after that dreadful DVD JC put out earlier this month. Yes there are some issues thats why I would rate it 8/10 (need a poll ... hint hint), but overall, top quality entertainment for my feeble mind.

I have to watch the show again, as I missed why JC was wearing those green wash mittens, I missed the point where Richard started breathing again, and I have to see the angel on the side of the road again in HD.

Re the highway: A stretch of the Transfagarasan Highway looks very cool from the air (google earth), but after watching some youtube videos of the place, you can plainly see why they chose not to show any substantial footage in the show, it is just too busy to have any fun on. Given a 140000+ car you could not enjoy this road as there is just far too much traffic.

Re the highway: A stretch of the Transfagarasan Highway looks very cool from the air (google earth), but after watching some youtube videos of the place, you can plainly see why they chose not to show any substantial footage in the show, it is just too busy to have any fun on. Given a 140000+ car you could not enjoy this road as there is just far too much traffic.

You kidding, right? That road must be one of the isolated one in Romania!!! No "big" road connects to it and it is not going anywhere, so, you go there onyl to see Top Gear "in action" (hence the busy road) or go up to the lake or cabin (not too many cars).

Goob the rip you have is missing over 2 minutes of THAT road footage, because the road was closed for 2 days ( according to some romanian sites ) of filming, and that wasnt hard to do, since this road is closed from October till late June because of snow in the area.

Meh, an alright episode, just felt a little incomplete. The ending of the Romanian driving road felt abrupt, the Dacia Sandero was a nice tough but not so sure about the truck, as funny as it was :p Limo test was alright, but felt lacking.

I've got a feeling lots of good bits ended getting cut out of this episode's segments.

Downloaded the 720p FoV rip and it's the same length as the 700MB FoV rip. :dunno:

James did a great job with his road test, but he should really learn to powerslide, how hard can it be?

You have no ideea:)
Managed a hard one: powersliding a GT-R in turn 2 at the Nurburgring GP track, in Sept 2008. I know it was something because "my instructor" could not stop telling the other instructors about it :)

Better than the Series 13 premiere, but not as enjoyable for me as the Series 12 premiere (though how you beat a flaming lorry...). 8 out of 10.

I want to see it but My downloads are soo slow you guys know whats up?

I liked under the Palace and the village who came out to see them, but that road - OMG!

Borat country:):):)

But, I can tell you something: they did not know Borat or why/what he was filming there, but they sure know TopGear:):) and what was going on.

I was a little let down by the lack of the series montage in the beginning. The BMW/Merc comparison seemed a bit far stretched for James. Considering they basically ended up with a performance comparison to me it seemed more suitable for Clarkson to take the lead. The Romanian trek was nice, especially them waking next to the dam.

Anyone else notice the epic ass amongst the cows? :mrgreen: