[16x00] December 26th, 2010 [Middle East Special]

[16x00] December 26th, 2010 [Middle East Special]

• Total voters
Is it just my impression or have some religious zealots been trying to infiltrate this thread (and thus the forum)?

Is it just my impression or have some religious zealots been trying to infiltrate this thread (and thus the forum)?

It certainly seems like it!

Anyhoo, I gave it a 9, because, although I loved it it wasn't as good as the Vietnam Episode, and because of James' injury (I'm pleased that they kept it in though!)

"Have you ever heard of a television programme called The News?"

Best joke in the whole episode. It was quite entertaining.

I so agree, I had to pause the video and laugh for a few seconds at Jeremy's (yet again) stunning/quirky originality. Especially the way he delivered it, by pausing before saying "The News" as if he was going to name some unknown programme, AND how he took his glasses off (with a slight miss at first) right before saying it, AND how he abruptly stopped saying what he was saying just before he said it, AND how he blinked many times in a row. (EVERYTHING, made it epic)

I gave it a 9, pretty good episode. So far I haven't had that "urge" to give a 10. But I'm hoping it'll change soon. The 2 episodes have been fabulous, but at the end of neither, did I go "My god that was Fantastic!".
But anyway, the Jordan bits as many have mentioned, the spot-on soundtrack choices (as you would expect) and many other elements have made this episode a decent one!
As for James's ... ordeal, I reviewed that scene a few times, after getting his feet tangled together (amazing what such a simple move can lead to) he hit his head so hard it doesn't look like it ever touched the ground. I don't think it would've been appropriate for the two to carry on with their "Anyway" tradition, so I'm glad they didn't.

All in all, thank you again TopGear!
Oh ya, Jezza's belly in that burka, priceless.

Last edited:
The series is not over yet, they can't do everyone at once.

:hump:

...?

:roflmao:

As for James's ... ordeal, I reviewed that scene a few times, after getting his feet tangled together (amazing what such a simple move can lead to) he hit his head so hard it doesn't look like it ever touched the ground. I don't think it would've been appropriate for the two to carry on with their "Anyway" tradition, so I'm glad they didn't.

His ass saved him, he landed on it first. They were so consumed by filming/getting the car out that nobody paid attention to the fact he should not have been standing there, not even May himself... Split second decisions stand between your life going on as usual and a bad accident...

Last edited:
This was an Epic episode, my only complain is that they should have gone through the mountains road in Syria to the west instead of the desert on the east, these are amazing roads with a lot of twists on turns in forests on top of the mountains by the edge of the Mediterranean sea, such a shame the 3 wise men didn't get the chance to see that!

JC seems to like Damascus a lot. I must admit changed my pre-conceptions.

Yeah he insisted on the fact it was one of the oldest cities on many occasions. Well, you gotta give credit when you gotta give credit.

PS : Is there such a country as Ukania? Or is it that no one has ever bothered telling you that you missed an 'r' in your location slot.

What was with the racing off the Russian transporter ???? I mean if they were going to be attacked:blowup: it would have been when in the air in A RUSSIAN AREOPLANE!!!!!
I found the whole episode rather boring it was like they were trying to be scared but weren?t except for Jeremy he was very well behaved towards anyone in earshot like border guards carrying a gun?not like him I say.;)

except for Jeremy he was very well behaved towards anyone in earshot like border guards carrying a gun?not like him I say.;)

Armed Border Patrol and/or Customs officers all over the world have a reputation for having no sense of humor at all, so its best not to annoy them, otherwise they can, and will, say no to you entering their country.

What was with the racing off the Russian transporter ???? I mean if they were going to be attacked:blowup: it would have been when in the air in A RUSSIAN AREOPLANE!!!!!

That's all part of the elaborate joke saying Northern Iraq is less of a war zone than Kurdistan/Turkey.

Wearing a flat jacket in civilian roads or anywhere is not funny.

I live in a little rural town with 10,000 or so people, where crime is something very very rare, and if they invented a flak jacket that could stop bullets and be worn without anyone noticing, I'd wear it everywhere.

I live in a little rural town with 10,000 or so people, where crime is something very very rare, and if they invented a flak jacket that could stop bullets and be worn without anyone noticing, I'd wear it everywhere.

Me too. :lol:

Clearly this show is scripted. I know that... I just thought it was funny they didn't even try to cover their tracks. The incident where Jeremy fell and hit his head was supposed to be in Syria where they were trying to avoid being detected by Israel from ever being in the country... yet the vehicle that takes Jeremy to the hospital is from Israel. Look at the license plate written in Hebrew:

AdnPC.png

Just didn't like enjoy it much.
Jokes only seemed half way played out...I mean what happened with the radio? When and how did he fix it?
The gifting was half ass.
The "danger" felt overhyped and fake.
Sneaking through the desert felt very fake.
It was as if they dabbed a bit of all the various antics into one recap episode.