2010 24 Hours of Le Mans - Race Week Thread

Results from the first practice session:

fp1lemansresult.png

First Qualifying Session (may be the actual starting grid depending on weather tomorrow, rain is predicted)

fqlemans2010.png

Hopefully the weather won't be an issue today and the Audis will get another chance to improve. That said, I don't really expect to them to beat Peugeot for pole (and neither did Alan McNish in an interview yesterday), but it would be interesting to see how close they could get. The cars should be more evenly matched on race pace, though...

The first three laps of the race, if dry, should be the most telling in terms of pace difference. If we see a repeat of the last two years, then we know Audi is in big trouble unless aided by rain.

Well, I hope Audi's race pace is better. If not, a little rain during the race wouldn't be bad... as I look at the forecasts, they only predict showers for Saturday morning, but this can change fast.

This weekend is just ... awesome!

Le Mans, F1, NBA, World Cup! Urgh I'm going explode from the awesomeness!

There is a nod to it this year, the drivers will "run" to their cars at 14:15-ish, they have 7 minutes afterwards to start on an installation lap before forming on the grid.

Although that's just a demonstration it's pretty cool...

It would be a pretty interesting way to sort the grid though... Have the drivers run across the track, get into their cars and start them. First one to have the car started and first gear engaged gets the pole.

Well it takes about 15-20 seconds for someone to strap them into the car, so...

Qualifying for the Group C race starts in a few minutes, and the forecast for LM quali calls for a dry evening session and a rain-hit night session.

This weekend is just ... awesome!

Le Mans, F1, NBA, World Cup! Urgh I'm going explode from the awesomeness!

Not good... not good. I have an exam on Monday and another one on Tuesday. And I know that I will spend the whole weekend staring at the telly. :(
But yeah, it's gonna be awesome! :p

Not good... not good. I have an exam on Monday and another one on Tuesday. And I know that I will spend the whole weekend staring at the telly. :(
But yeah, it's gonna be awesome! :p

Yeah same here I've got one on Monday and another on Thursday. I don't know how much studying will be happening this weekend... =\