2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

Senna's first wins? Two in '85 and two in '86? Do they ring a bell? They were in a Lotus with a Renault engine. Anyone with a bit of F1 knowledge should know that...
Don't forget Elio D'Angelis' win at the '85 San Marino GP, after Prost was DSQ'd for being 1,5 kilos under weight...

This concept is so stupid...
Formula 1 has been a point based system since the first races and in 60 years we haven't had a problem with it. So what if consistency is rewarded more than winning?
It is possible to be champion by coming home second on every race, but who really does? If you come second consistently, some day for some reason you'll come first, too, several times in the season. It means you're the best driver of the year and that's what it's all about.

Got to hell, little gremlin. I say that with no regret. Stop, ruining, Formula, 1.

I rage. NOT AVALIABLE IN YOUR AREA.

Nothing ever is.

le fu.

Last edited:
Where can I buy the Bridgestones they use in F1 because those seem pretty damn durable. Have a set on my Jetta, probably last me a good couple of years.

I just watched some of this season's highlights vids over at F1.com and I just want to thank god RBR's drivers are Vettel and Webber. Alonso, Hamilton, Button, Kubica, Massa, Schumi or Roseberg in that car and this season would be a shut out. Both RBR drivers fucked up really badly this season. Their car was quickest 98% of the time this season yet their success rate stands at about 40%. If one of them wins the championship this season it will not be on merit, less than Button's championship last season for sure. At least he won the races in which he had the quickest car. Consistently.

Last edited:
Consistently.

"Consistency" is the key here. Consistency is why Jenson won last year eventhough the RBR were clearly faster than him for most of the season. Consistency is why Vettel and Hamilton are in deep shit eventhough they are "better" drivers than Webber and Button when it comes to raw pace.
I would not be surprised if Jenson ends up in front of Hamilton at the end because he fucks up less. Same obviously is true for Webber compared to Vettel, eventhough even he managed to mess up quite a lot of times, including, but not limited to Turkey.

To finish first, you have to finish, first. It's stupid, but true.

Last edited:
"Consistency" is the key here. Consistency is why Jenson won last year eventhough the RBR were clearly faster than him for most of the season. Consistency is why Vettel and Hamilton are in deep shit eventhough they are "better" drivers than Webber and Button when it comes to raw pace.
I would not be surprised if Jenson ends up in front of Hamilton at the end because he fucks up less. Same obviously is true for Webber compared to Vettel, eventhough even he managed to mess up quite a lot of times, including, but not limited to Turkey.

To finish first, you have to finish first. It's stupid, but true.

I think you mean, "To finish first, first you have to finish" but that's the point I was trying to make. Both RB drivers are not championship worthy in my mind. I like Webber a lot and I'm not a Vettel fan, but if I look at it objectively they both suck ass compared to the rivalry.

Actually, i was just missing a comma ;)

I think Webber has done quite a good job, not only compared to Vettel, but given the number-two-but-not-number-two-situation he is facing.

Exactly. Some people forgot that the first race is as important as the last one. If any of RBR driver will not win the championship it will be because of their problems in the first races. During the first four flyaway races Red Bulls were so much faster than all other teams and all what they achieved was 1-2 in Malaysia.

But we should be thankful to them. Now we have so close fight with 5 drivers up there. It's way better than last year when Jenson dominated the first part of the season and than all came to damage limitation when others caught up. :p

Branson & Fernandez call for getting rid of blue flags. I am supporting this.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87186

"It's a massive compromise over the whole of a race. We do this graph of time against distance, and you look at the graph and you immediately see where the blue flags start because up to a point of the race we are there or thereabouts in terms of pace, but then it drops away.

never realised this, good point!

also, if a backmarker is allowed to battle for his position, i think it would make it the smaller teams a lot easier to find sponsors. now they hardly come into view...

i support this as well :)

Sergio Perez (runner-up in this year's GP2 season) will drive for Sauber next year alongside Kobayashi... and since he's Mexican, there's a good influx of Mexican money from Telmex (Carlos Slim's company). http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87193

Now... I wonder whether anyone is prepared to give Pastor Maldonado a go in F1 next year.