2013 Malaysian Grand Prix

Leave the troll.

I do not expect a troll like him to understand that Vettel has helped Webber in the past. Hungary 2010 for example, Vettel took one for the team, and didn't really bitch and moan about it.

[video=youtube;KriQR-TwBAE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KriQR-TwBAE[/video]

This is why, in terms of the actual sport, I care more about the constructor's championship than the driver's; you don't have to get all worked up over something as trivial as 'team orders'.

Well of course he is. And for your information, he's pretty harshly blasted in the German press as well. But I maintain that I can't understand what the fuss is all about. If he had obeyed the team order, quite a few people would now ask what a ridiculous pushover he is. A world champion, who gives away 7 points just like that isn't a world champion. There is a good chance that Mark could have won this GP on merit. He was on equal terms all weekend, but instead he relied on his team forbidding them to settle matters on track. I never liked Mark much, because his mouth is too loud for someone, who cannot backup his claims with actions. In a way he is like Coulthard - announcing every year to fight for the championship and then delivering a few wins, but not a consistent challenge for the crown. The fact that he obediently just turned his car into a cruiser, believing that his team mate, who won 3 titles, would happily stay behind and play second fiddle shows that he hasn't got the slightest clue what his job is all about - winning. Especially since he himself has a history of not doing so when asked to. What sort of la-la-land is that man living in?
On the same note I lost almost all respect for Rosberg. People hail him for being 'classy' and I applaud him for not being a drama-queen in the aftermath, but by obeying that ridiculous team order he made himself the Mark Webber at Mercedes - the designated #2 driver. He's been with Mercedes since its inception. It's HIS team and he willingly lets the team walk all over him in public. People, who are championship material, like Schumacher, Alonso or indeed Vettel would never let the team humiliate him like that. He was head and shoulders above Lewis in that race, after all he managed to stay on Lewis' tail without prematurely emptying his fuel tank. Giving it away like that was cringeworthy to say the least.

I think you may have a point there :lol: I'm gutted to say, but the only people, who agree with my views on the whole Vettel/Webber malarkey are Ecclestone and Briatore - the two people in the world that I despise the most. I hereby declare myself an utter prick :cry:

I agree with you. Generally I always do. Vettel did what he felt he needed to do. I don't see Mark competing for a championship, hell, he fucks up half the starts anyway and loses 5-10 places on the first lap. Vettel's only mistake I saw was apologizing later, he didn't do anything wrong. If Mark had the tires and fuel, he should have fought back. This isn't even a worthwhile incident to bitch about, he didn't take his rival out to win a championship (Senna), didn't park his car on track during qualy in Monaco (Schumacher), all he did was race, which is what we're here for, am I right?

As far as Rosberg/Hamilton, meh, seems kinda pointless to me, but then, I don't know what exactly Lewis' contract says either.

youtube vid

Sigh..... Do we need to start debating about 2010 Hungary all over again?

I was referring to the type of post-race interviews that Webber gave after last week's race. These types of conflicts should be sorted internally, not on the podium, and certainly not during media interviews.

If you want to split hairs on radio transmissions and what-not, then I'm afraid I won't be able to entertain. The '10 Hungary incident was done and dusted ages ago.
It was only brought up because apparently some members are suffering from selective vision.

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/feature/5217/vettel-the-monster-red-bull-created/

Back in 2010, Vettel was referring to one of the other times in his career that he did something for himself: backing up the field after a safety-car restart at that year's Hungarian Grand Prix to try to help Mark Webber get a bit of a head start.

The idea then was not to give Webber the win, but instead to help the Australian's strategy play out so he could follow Vettel home later on and act as a buffer to the Red Bull duo's main title rivals.

Vettel's actions in letting Webber get away meant he breached safety-car protocol by not following the leader closely enough. He got a drive-through penalty, had handed a win to Webber and left himself miserable on the podium. Yet he never preached about what happened; instead only confiding to team management later in the year.

It was the team's plan to have Vettel helping Webber getting P2. Vettel & Webber were P1 & P3 at the time. Vettel was unaware/not sure of the safety car rule, which is why the unnecessary mistake translated into a penalty.

The penalty occurred because Vettel tried to help Mark. If Vettel didn't try to help Webber, he wouldn't have made that mistake, therefore could have won the race quite easily.

Vettel was upset about the penalty, which ultimatley cost him the race win. Perhaps he thought that the race engineers should have informed him about the safety car rules. But unlike Webber (great at bitching & moaning), after the race Vettel stayed relatively quiet about the incident, which was rather mature of him.

Unfortunately, Vettel didn't defend his action by shifting the blame to the team. Instead, Vettel took lot of heat from the public/haters. I don't think many racing drivers would have helped their title challenging teammates for an one-two finish.

In contrast, all Webber did last week was creating a massive attention. And he certainly made the issue bigger by bitching and moaning about it on the podium & interviews. He should have expressed his displeasure internally with professionalism. Because after all, it's an internal affair amongst the RedBull team.