24 Discussion

AutoAero

Car(s)
2001 Audi S4
**Spoilers Possible. In fact are present if you aren't caught up**

_1zYGYQycIEo-gqQOjK8Dw64117

I know theres other 24 fans on here, and frankly I'm surprised no one else has made a thread for this season, so here we go.

I've caught up now on watching the two, two hour premiers and I have to say, a lot of it feels like the some old stuff in how its becoming predictable. But I am pleased that Jack did try and stay out of it as much as he could considering hes retired and doesn't want to have anything to do with it. But hes Jack and nobody does it better :cool:. CTU NY is pretty slick, but I can't seem to get past Hasting's hunch-back, Dana's stupidity with her ex that keeps calling her, and the fact that Agent Ortiz (sp?) kinda looks like Keanu Reeves. BUT Renee is back! Hells yes, I'm thrilled to see her and Jack going undercover together. This should be VERY interesting considering she already hacked that Russian dudes thumb off.

Last edited:
Thumb? Hand :lol:

Concerning Ortiz, during the first hour I was wondering if he was supposed to be related to Tony Almeida. Looks to me like a younger version of him.

Predictable, of course. If I played a drinking game with a glass every time someone said within the hour or some variation of it I'd be in rehab now. Still I'll keep watching ;)

Jack tried to stay out?

Well... i don't know how I could write a review... it's 24, that says it all. I also can predict every single dialog but somehow... it's still entertaining. I really don't understand why it is

I thought it was just the guys hand after first. But when he was laying on the ground it look like it was just his thumb gone. Which would maybe make sense that thats all you would need to lose to be able to get that bracelet off.

Last edited:
Really? I think she looks like a crack whore now :cry:

I didn't like the first 3 episodes much, but the end of the fourth was sick and it promises a lot for this series :D Now we have Jack-a-like+Jack in one!

Walker was hot before. Now that she has gone batshit crazy, she is even hotter.
Agreed. Her action at the end of ep4 left me mouth-open. I really didn't expect that. Which is rare in 24. :D Plus she managed to shock Jack. That's gotta be a first.

As others have said, yeah it's predictable: Informant gets killed before he arrives at CTU? Check. Reporter is innocent? Check. Brother of President is the mole? Check. Policeman and wife get killed after they complied to hitman's demands? Check. Jack beating the hell out of his own torturer? Check. Someone inside CTU has a skeleton in the closet? Check. CTU director is clueless? Check. Chloe in annoying, but also right? Check. Assassination attempt doesn't succeed (yet)? Check. And we are only 4 eps in. :D

But anyway, it's entertaining to watch.

The side story with Dana and her ex is kind of annoying, but then again, it just wouldn't be good ol' 24 without 2570219032 story lines going on all at once :D

Other than that I like this season so far... and maybe Renee going bonkers will actually lead to some more unpredictable stuff for once!

You have to understand, I attract the crazy ones. While none have looked like crack whores, they are insane.

Keeps me on my toes.

Good, you can have my ex then :yucky:

The side story with Dana and her ex is kind of annoying, but then again, it just wouldn't be good ol' 24 without 2570219032 story lines going on all at once :D

Other than that I like this season so far... and maybe Renee going bonkers will actually lead to some more unpredictable stuff for once!

Agreed, she's also very unattractive when she's talking with him...weird, I liked her in some of her other stuff. I was baffled with the last season's number of storylines but I'm expecting that to be blown out of the water by this. The initial threat was over by hour 3, pretty sure that beat the last one.

As for Renee. Damn...that's all I can say. :cool:

Agreed. Her action at the end of ep4 left me mouth-open. I really didn't expect that. Which is rare in 24. :D Plus she managed to shock Jack. That's gotta be a first.

As others have said, yeah it's predictable: Informant gets killed before he arrives at CTU? Check. Reporter is innocent? Check. Brother of President is the mole? Check. Policeman and wife get killed after they complied to hitman's demands? Check. Jack beating the hell out of his own torturer? Check. Someone inside CTU has a skeleton in the closet? Check. CTU director is clueless? Check. Chloe in annoying, but also right? Check. Assassination attempt doesn't succeed (yet)? Check. And we are only 4 eps in. :D

I too was surprised by her just going all crazy on that guy. Another (nice) surprise, we got to see Walker smile for a change (even though it was a bit fake, but still... you rarely get to see people smile on 24).

For a change it would be very refreshing to see things actually working out (getting the informant back to base and so on) and instead of the usual "people in charge do everything by the book (in other words 'wrong'" have someone capable running the show. I'm kind of sick of all the supposed tension created by wrong decisions of superiors and field agents having to disobey several orders/laws to save the day. But then it's always been like that. I think the only time CTU was run by someone capable was when Bill Buchanan was in charge of it. He also had next to no personal drama along the way (which was nice). Despite all that I'm still watching 24 though ;)

Yeah, alright, it's predictable :p

But still, I like it. I still find it to be solid entertainment after all these years and look forward to seeing how the rest of the series plays out.

Agreed, she's also very unattractive when she's talking with him...weird, I liked her in some of her other stuff.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaDEdtIZoVI[/YOUTUBE]

:mrgreen::mrgreen: :shock::woot::woot::woot::woot::love::love::wub::heart::w00t:

Loved the first 4 episodes, always loved 24 even though the repetition has been with us since season 2 :p

thought the first 4 episodes were brilliant, always miss 24 when its not on. with Top Gear would put it as my favourite show. the question is though will this actually be Jack's final day?

thought the first 4 episodes were brilliant, always miss 24 when its not on. with Top Gear would put it as my favourite show. the question is though will this actually be Jack's final day?

It kind of looks like it. For once he's quite happy and content, there's no personal drama with his wife/daughter/someone else going on (not yet, anyway), and he's ready to move back to California with his daughter and her husband (?). He no longer seems to be very interested in helping the government and only the combined effort of Chloe and his daughter could convince him to put his ass on the line one more time.