Alan Mulally for president and CEO of...the USA?

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
I usually don't post in this section, too much argument with no real goal, but I thought of this today. I think Alan Mulally has everything the USA needs right now for a president. Essentially, he is a masterful business leader, perhaps the world's best. Any thoughts? I don't really have much else other than that and a wikipedia article to support me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Mulally

Problem is that in business you can downsize, sell off, and otherwise get rid of many kinds of problems. Also, your hands are way less tied up by precedent, other branches of government, and special interests of all types. Then again, if Michael Bloomberg can do it in NYC, Mulally might have chance in DC. Interesting idea nonetheless.

Well the tactics might be different, but I'm thinking more in terms of leadership abilities and long-term planning.

Review the problems he helped cause at Boeing and let us know how you feel after.

He did the commencement speech at my(or my sister's, I forget) graduation. A very bright individual.
IVIaster, our current president isn't either of those things, I don't see why our next president has to be either.

He did the commencement speech at my(or my sister's, I forget) graduation. A very bright individual.
IVIaster, our current president isn't either of those things, I don't see why our next president has to be either.

I assumed Mulally would run as a republican and in that camp those two little issues play a very big part.

A county does not run like a company ... his achievements in leadning businesses do not make him a good public severvant (it of course also does not mean that he isn?t). IMO People who run for public offices and come from big-buisness backgrounds, often tend to misunderstand the part where they are supposed to serve the people, rather then being served by them ...