Autoblog: All you Wagoneer fans, You man now rejoice!

Does it still say Durango on it? People will see that, say "ewwwww" and keep going.

Who cares? It's sufficiently different from the old one to not matter. Cars can have successful revolutionary changes, you know.

It'll be cross-shopped against the Explorer, primarily, and maybe the Traverse and the cannibalistic Jeep Grand Cherokee. And just to answer your concerns, Dodge is putting minimalistic "Durango" badging on it - only the top of the line "Citadel" will get letters on the side, and that will say "Citadel" instead. The trims are Express, Crew, Crew Lux, and Citadel, which will start at $43,795, right in the middle of the X5/ML/Q7 segment.

That is, if you can stand driving such an expensive Dodge. ;)

http://www.dodge.com/en/2011/durango/overview/

1987_jeep_grand_wagoneer-pic-16918.jpeg

I hope to own one of these three beautiful vehicles at some point.
For mid-$30k you can: http://www.wagonmaster.com/

If I had the disposable income, I'd do it in a second!

Yah, I heard about them a few years ago. I'd be so down if I had the money.

Who cares? It's sufficiently different from the old one to not matter. Cars can have successful revolutionary changes, you know.

It'll be cross-shopped against the Explorer, primarily, and maybe the Traverse and the cannibalistic Jeep Grand Cherokee. And just to answer your concerns, Dodge is putting minimalistic "Durango" badging on it - only the top of the line "Citadel" will get letters on the side, and that will say "Citadel" instead. The trims are Express, Crew, Crew Lux, and Citadel, which will start at $43,795, right in the middle of the X5/ML/Q7 segment.

That is, if you can stand driving such an expensive Dodge. ;)

http://www.dodge.com/en/2011/durango/overview/

Yeah, how did that work out when Chevy brought us the Malibu, again? Oh, right, almost nobody's buying them.

Yeah, how did that work out when Chevy brought us the Malibu, again? Oh, right, almost nobody's buying them.

I find it highly unlikely that anyone remembers actually driving a Malibu.

I'm talking about the FWD Malibus, beloved of rental car agencies for their cheapness.

Trust me, a lot of us have unfortunate memories of driving them. Though we might remember it as "generic GM midsize car" rather than "Malibu" specifically, that's true.

I'm talking about the FWD Malibus, beloved of rental car agencies for their cheapness.

Trust me, a lot of us have unfortunate memories of driving them. Though we might remember it as "generic GM midsize car" rather than "Malibu" specifically, that's true.

I'm pretty sure I've driven one. I remember a salesman tried to sell me on a Maxx when I said I wanted a hatchback with a manual transmission (somehow, I never bought a car from him. Wonder why.), so I think I might have humored him. I don't remember anything about it. Well, the salesman was friends with an orange chick I knew. No, that's not the car...

Last edited:
Unfortunately, one of the employees at a client site I must visit has a Malibu Maxx. It is very difficult to forget that ugly angular butt when it's the only thing you can see through the window.

I find it highly unlikely that anyone remembers actually driving a Malibu.

I remember driving one once. Of course, it was a rental. It wasn't as bad as many people make it out to be, but it was far from good.

Ow yes, Ow God yes, DO NOT FUCK THIS ONE UP CHRYSLER.

(they will, but hey)

Sort of OT. But is Jeep going to put that pickup concept into production? I read somewhere that they were, but now I can't find anything. It said something about 2012-13.

That's sweet. Did a bit more reasearch and some websites are saying Q3 2011. Honestly though I hope it's more like the JT or the Nukizer rather than the Gladiator.

Nukizer w/diesel and a 6spd manual in Rubicon trim would be the ultimate vehicle.