Alternatives to Cable tv

It's not the stand, it's the dish itself warping a bit. Happens to DirecTV and Dish Network. In Oklahoma, the winds are just horrible. Not that I mind, makes me more money. :p

Sounds like someone has been drinking the Koolaid :p

Clegko is right about DirecTV/Dish. Don't ask me how I know, but their satellite television isn't as reliable as they say it is.

What I dislike most about DirecTV is their whole attitude that they are the best thing since hot water was introduced. Their newest "gadget" is the whole-home DVR, which is only offered with their top package. They are giving it free to the customer and claim that it is a $800 piece of equipment...Oh please!

What I dislike most about DirecTV is their whole attitude that they are the best thing since hot water was introduced. Their newest "gadget" is the whole-home DVR, which is only offered with their top package. They are giving it free to the customer and claim that it is a $800 piece of equipment...Oh please!

Funny, that's our newest gadget, too. And it's just $5 a month. *shrug*

It's $5 with DTV too, but the sales reps advertise it as a $800 equipment that they are giving you for almost free.

Problem around here with Dish/Direct is the weather. If the wind blows over 5 mph, which it constantly does, you lose signal.

It's 2010, this is a problem we had when dish tv stuff started getting popular in the 80s and 90s. Haven't we advanced a bit?

It's 2010, this is a problem we had when dish tv stuff started getting popular in the 80s and 90s. Haven't we advanced a bit?

Not when winds can average out around 40 mph during storm season... when you kind of need your TV to work...