Any other RWD purists out there?

Atleast i'll have a shit ton of fun before the accident ;)

Yes, that's a sure fire argument to win me over.

"RWD, you get to die with a smile on your face"

Oh yeah, and you won't get stuck if you have proper tires:

:wall: :wall: :wall:

have you read ANYTHING everyone else is saying : those tyres are ILLEGAL in most places... so even if people want to buy them (which they don't apparently), they can't use them.

Also, 99%* of FG users live in countries where it is almost always hotter than in freezeyournutsoff Finland, so there is no snow/ice except for maybe a couple of days a year... meaning studded tyres are a super way of throwing money away

*your results may vary. Batteries not included.

This has been debated to death. Not everyone can have "proper tires" and not everywhere it makes sense. Also in the wet FWD is better than RWD and I doubt you would change from summer performance to all-seasons everytime it rains :)

Excuse me, but how exactly?

Perhaps he means safer not better?

I used to own a rwd now im fwd and I like it more in general, cost less and goes faster, tail out stuff is fun for a while but you eventually get tired of it.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

have you read ANYTHING everyone else is saying : those tyres are ILLEGAL in most places... so even if people want to buy them (which they don't apparently), they can't use them.

Also, 99%* of FG users live in countries where it is almost always hotter than in freezeyournutsoff Finland, so there is no snow/ice except for maybe a couple of days a year... meaning studded tyres are a super way of throwing money away

*your results may vary. Batteries not included.

No need to use the :wall: smilies, because I don't care about other countries regulations when choosing MY car. Studded tires are legal here, and that's what matters to me. Besides, you can get proper winter tyres that don't have studs aswell, don't always go for the cheapest brand..

Also, people who live in countries that only get a few days of snow a year should all buy rwd then, fwd is hardly worth it for those few days ;) (which isn't true, because rwd is better on snow& ice anyway. :rolleyes:)

EDIT: Also thanks for the neg rep, whoever you were:
have u ever driven fwd in winter? u dont know shit, moron.

Last edited:
Posmo, we may not always agree but I admire your fighting spirit :lol:

Here's something to make us agree more then:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLYoAkSHwSA[/YOUTUBE]

:cool:

(He's not all THAT good though, he countersteers a bit too much a few times, but the video quality is good :))

I think we need to make a distinction between "more fun" and "safer."

Understeer can always be killed eventually by staying off the throttle.... but oversteer has a point of no return. Plus I'd rather have a frontal impact than a side or rear one.

Understeer can always be killed eventually by staying off the throttle.... but oversteer has a point of no return.
And what happens when you understeer into a tree? Doesn't that mean that you are past the "point of no return"?

Plus I'd rather have a frontal impact than a side or rear one.
Why? :blink:

Not sure about being hit in the rear, but there is more crap in the front to absorb the impact than in the side.

Yeah, side impact is the most dangerous kind, and rear impact leads to whiplash.

I agree that side impact is the most dangerous, but I would think rear is safer than front - you have the whole seat cushing almost your entire body, while with a front impact you have the seatbelt and the airbag only (benefits of having an airbag are debatable). Also, you can definitely get pretty bad whiplash in a front collision. Btw, whenever I stop at a red light, I usually put my head on the headrest if there is no one stopped behind me, just in case some douche slams into me.

Same exact reasoning as snow. There is more weight on the driving wheels, which therefore increases traction. It is also a lot more predictable, understeer tends to build up giving most people enough time to back off the throttle. Oversteer on the other hand can happen very suddenly, also an instinctive reaction to car getting out of control is lift off, in RWD that can cause a spin out in FWD it will cause less understeer.

Don't get me wrong I love RWD layout and my next car will have power going to the proper wheels (assuming cars aren't outlawed yet or something) but when we are talking about regular daily commute FWD is better and by better I mean safer and easier to deal with.

Lifting off the throttle from my experience stops over steer. I've done this on many occasions and it did the trick along with some opposite lock.

^ You are right some RWD cars are set up that way. My friend's 240sx has to work REALLY hard to oversteer (his non tuned one that is) it understeers alot :D

Same exact reasoning as snow. There is more weight on the driving wheels, which therefore increases traction. It is also a lot more predictable, understeer tends to build up giving most people enough time to back off the throttle. Oversteer on the other hand can happen very suddenly, also an instinctive reaction to car getting out of control is lift off, in RWD that can cause a spin out in FWD it will cause less understeer.

Don't get me wrong I love RWD layout and my next car will have power going to the proper wheels (assuming cars aren't outlawed yet or something) but when we are talking about regular daily commute FWD is better and by better I mean safer and easier to deal with.

FWd for a typical kowalski in winter might be better but I think this thread is titled "any RWD purists out there?" why are we even talking about a typical day to day driving with FWD here? I m a RWD purist, I can handle my car and I drive RWD on day to day basis as well, because FWD just feels ... well unnatural to me. who cares about a typical man/woman driving their focus or whatever else satan brought to earth.