Anyone here still use ebay and paypal?

Never used ebay, paypal was nice for the time I used it and then somehow my account got hax0rzed and I was charged $150 for some game subscription and donation that I didn't even apply to.

Only reason why I use it is because there is no more simple way to get access to sell goods to a wide audience.

I agree that the fees on eBay are very high, especially for more expensive items. I've also sold my broken macbook pro this month on eBay and here's all the fees I've paid:

Insertion Fee $0.00 (Promotional Rate)
Picture Fee $0.45
International Site Visibility Fee $0.40
Final Value Fee $34.65 (final value $385.02 ex-shipping)
Total eBay fees $35.50

Paypal fees: $17.27 (from total amount received $435.02).

So total eBay/Paypal fees: $52.77 or 12% of gross value or 13.7% of the net value received. So in other words, this is a daylight robbery.

Over here fees are 8% on the first 50?, 5% on anything between 50? and 500?, 2% on any euros over 500?. With those rates your final value fee would be just over $20. Your local eBay simply is ripping you off.

Over here fees are 8% on the first 50?, 5% on anything between 50? and 500?, 2% on any euros over 500?. With those rates your final value fee would be just over $20. Your local eBay simply is ripping you off.

I was using the plain-vanilla US eBay, we don't have a local one over here :). I have to check the fees on that, but my PayPal fees should be even lower than standard, since I have a premier account (although a local one).