Attempting to plan a road trip. Help?

xicedlovexoxo

Car(s)
2008 Subaru Impreza
So someone who's name shall not be named suggested that I should go on a roadtrip for Spring Break. This is something that I have never done before. So, I'm opening up a thread for discussion...suggestions, helpful tips, anything.

So I have the week of April 5 through 11 off of school. A whole week to go on a roadtrip to anywhere, pretty much. I don't know what I have for a budget because I'm broke at the moment and haven't got a job. So I'm welcoming any and all suggestions regardless of cost at the moment, just to get a general idea.

I'm thinking of taking at least one other person with me, but my car can seat 3 other people still. I don't know if I'll take anyone else yet, I've yet to decide.

Basically, I'm just trying to figure out where to go, what to do, and how much money I can expect it to cost.

Also, if any of you FG members in the US or Canada are willing to open up your homes to me and my sister feel free to suggest us visiting you. :) I'd love to meet some of you in person.

PCH?

So someone who's name shall not be named...
:wave:

Here's an idea, if you're feeling adventurous:
Depending on how lead-footed you are and how much you stop/where you stop along the way, you could stretch a week of mucking about with three other people from Seattle to Sacramento and back on ~$550 easily. $20/day per person, including meals, gas, and mediocre lodging.

But Sacramento is kinda boring...really boring. Go to San Francisco (tourist stop) or drive all the way to LA (on the PCH). The central coast is amazing.

Last edited:
WHAT DOES PCH STAND FOR?!?!

/stupidity

^ Oh. Thanks.

And thus is why I need to travel. If I traveled more, I'd know these things.

Also, I just had a thought. What about visiting "the Loneliest Road In America"? I've been to Nevada before with my parents and I've wanted to go back to Las Vegas...

Come down to San Francisco! It's quite lovely down here and you can drive down the coast a good portion of the way. Too bad you're not 21 yet or I'd suggest a few bars to visit :p But yeah if you want to come down to the Bay shoot me a PM and I'll let ya know of some cool places :)

**edit** ps you're not 21 yet don't go to las vegas you'll wonder why the hell you did it.

But Sacramento is kinda boring...really boring. Go to San Francisco (tourist stop) or drive all the way to LA (on the PCH). The central coast is amazing.

Of course the Central Coast is amazing, 3/4ths of the year its sunny and you not only have access to Beaches(Pismo, Avila and Grover Beach) but some great trails for hiking and biking too. The PCH from SF to San Luis Obispo actually merges with 101 after hitting SLO, and then its to Santa Barbara which is a nice place too.

WHAT DOES PCH STAND FOR?!?!

/stupidity

Pacific Coast Highway. More or less you can follow it down the entire coast from the Northwestern tip of the peninsula. I'd suggest Canon Beach as your first stop down the coast, then you can probably make North Cali by the next night but the drive will be much slower as the coast and PCH get much twistier. San Fran should be a good destination, lots of things to do and more than enough FG members to meet.

If you want to stop in Seattle on your first day I'd be more than glad to buy you and your friends/sis lunch.

^ I definitely want to stop in Seattle because I love Seattle. :)

Although I've run into a problem. My parents seem to believe they can stop me from taking this road trip. They also seem to believe that Erika's parents won't let her go with. Hmm. Should I be worried or are they just full of crap?

Sorry to play devil's advocate, but if you have no money or job currently how are you going to have enough for a road trip by April?

Normally I'd be plugging BC, but it's probably a bit boring for a bunch of teenagers. Since you live in the Pacific Northwest I'd say the PCH should be your first option. I've only been on parts of the southern California section, but it's a nice road.

I'm going to start donating plasma. My mom suggested it. So I'm going to earn money that way. =]

^ Better start soon, apparently they only pay $20-30 a visit. :p

Heading west is your best bet in my opinion.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/co/cold-fussion/2009/02/16/head-west.png

"Kayak across Pacific ocean to Hawaii"

LOL. Awesome. I'll get right on that.

I'm going to start donating plasma. My mom suggested it. So I'm going to earn money that way. =]

Do they have any plasma pawn shops? I can imagine...

"Blood-4-Less! Call 1-800-666IBlOOD. yes, we have type O Negative!!!
:p