Awesome Thread

am i the only one who thinks that they are just being incredibly stupid. especially since its on a open road. one mistake and that person is being smeared off the road.

You are not, but if he does fall he got what was coming to him, recreational toys have no place beeing hooned around on public roads.

*/old person*

You are the only one. I regularly hit 50-60km/h on my bike down hills, you don't think about what might happen if it goes wrong, in the same way you don't think about being rear ended at a redlight by a fast moving truck.

Try going 90-100kph on a roadie down a hill on a wet road. Then you'll know what fear is :p

I thought this was awesome:

110504_wardogs3.jpg

"top-secret, super-elite U.S. Navy SEAL special forces are to deploy heavily armoured bulletproof dogs equipped with infrared nightsight cameras and an 'intruder communication system' able to penetrate concrete walls."

If they're bulletproof, why are the heavily armored? Or is it a crappy god mode and they still take fall damage? :p

I thought this was awesome:

110504_wardogs3.jpg

I know it'd be as scary as all fuck seeing some highly trained special operations troops breaching into the room you happen to be planing your next terrorist mission from. However, the thought of a special operations capable K9 going in first, hell I'd pack up, renounce my beliefs and open a taco stand.

am i the only one who thinks that they are just being incredibly stupid. especially since its on a open road. one mistake and that person is being smeared off the road.

They're fine with (or simply have no clue) about the risks involved. I sure as hell wouldn't do it, but I reckon part of the risk is what appeals to them. Not to mention the feeling of speed.

Did not realize the North Korean Ryugyong Hotel had all its exterior cladding installed.

Ryugyeong_Hotel_on_February_2011.jpg

Not sure how they are going to use all of that space.....

^From wikipedia:
In April 2008, after 16 years of inactivity, work on the hotel was restarted by the Egyptian company Orascom Group. Orascom, which has entered into a US$ 400 million deal with the North Korean government to build and run a 3G mobile phone network, has denied that their telecommunications deal was directly related to the hotel work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryugyong_Hotel

...so as I understand it, the hotel is built solely to attract foreign investments to buy Kim Jong-Il a haircut aid the North Korean government in paying off debts?

Didn't they say that the concrete was horribly, structurally unsound? :|

In the late 1990s, the European Union Chamber of Commerce in Korea inspected the building and concluded that the structure was irreparable.

Also from Wikipedia:

Questions have been raised regarding the quality of the building's concrete and the alignment of its elevator shafts, which some sources say are "crooked". In 2008, Orascom's resident project manager stated that, at a minimum, their goal was to make the facade more attractive.

oh%20god.png

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/05/07/KVm2i.jpg