Better than Davos to the Stelvio Pass ?

I'm definitely planning for myself a trip there next summer. If the schedule allows it, obviously.

Well it shouldn't take you more then a day should it? I mean, you're not that far away :)

And as for my plans, If all goes through, I'd go in August. But I'll open a thread when the time comes. In the meantime I can daydream and plan, and save moniez! :D

1. The thing breaks down, say a pot hole emerges
2. The local authorities are informed
3. They do nothing
4. Someone crashes due to the pothole
5. They decide to fill it up
6. They send the crew to the pothole, but of course they're all equipped with super handy beer bottles filled with alcoholic beverages
7. Instead of fixing the potholes they drink and tell jokes, having a smoke every now and then
8. Soon enough, what should have been a short hour of work has turned into two weeks of beer and story-telling...
9. The construction crew finally decide to fill the hole in, but of course the money needed for the construction materials has all been used up on beer so they must now resort to cheaper quality materials
10. They fill the hole up using the cheapest materials they can find at the nearest market
11. The potholes are finally fixed! too bad the cheap asphalt wears down in a couple weeks... :rolleyes:

pretty much universal everywhere you go, however the local government and the police here in my neck of the woods appended a couple of extra steppes.

4.5 Police close the road in both directions for hours to conduct an investigation as to how the pothole caused a crash

9.5 Construction crew closes road in both directions for the duration of the construction, even at night when there is no crew on the site.

also step 11 is a little bit different here in Canada...
11. The potholes are finally fixed! Too bad the shotty workmanship causes the cheap asphalt rise above the original road surface so at the first snowfall the very first snowplow rips the chunk of new asphalt out of the pothole ensuring job security for the police and the construction crew for next season.