News: Big 3 execs fly private JETS to DC to bag for cash

Why the fuck would you want to hang onto Buick and GMC? They're literally just platform-xeroxing brands. At least Saturn is the US equivalent of Vauxhall and Opel, so it has SOME use. And how is Buick a "core brand", anyway? It's just a shittier Cadillac, like GMC is a just a bulkier and less fuel-efficient Chevrolet.

Seriously, Wagoner needs to resign. The company is going to fail under him. That last part is laughable, too; just "work with lenders to eliminate $35bn of debt". I'm pretty sure that's something you'll want to be specific about when asking to almost triple that amount of debt you're talking about.

Well it might work. ...

There is a problem in that you have a huge recession coinciding with cumulative managerial incompetence and Union greed. Very tricky to get out of - now we will see if these characters (3xCIOs) can really earn their pay.

There's a real easy way to get out of it - but they won't do it because any bankruptcy trustee worth the name is going to "clear the decks" in the boardroom *first*.

SOOOO MUCH FAIL....

Preserving BUICK??? At the expense of Saturn? Although if they switch over to the entire Euro lineup for Chevy, Saturn would be pointless. But GMC trucks???? Either take trucks away from Chevy or kill GMC pickups and SUVs. What morons.

Selling Saab is a good idea. It's been on life support for years.

"Only" 4700 dealers? No. They need to knock that down to 1500 or so.

Unfortunately the European 'Saturns' aren't selling. Period. Christ I haven't seen any new Saturns around me, (See plenty of Buicks though)

Like it or not Buick and GMC still sell. There are people that won't buy anything with a bowtie on it, but they'll by a GMC 1500 Seiarra (which is the same thing as a Silverado).

Pontiac as a niche' car? Considering the only vehicle they have that's great is the G8 I can see that.

Pontiac as a niche' car? Considering the only vehicle they have that's great is the G8 I can see that.
There are pretty large circle jerks for the Solstice, too.

Seriously, Pontiac as a "niche" brand? I'd DIE!!! :cry:

I really think GM has its priorities skewed a bit.

Ford's got the right guy, but they're still not quite there.

And Chrysler? They can eff off, pretty much :lol: Except for Jeep and Dodge, which are the only parts of that company worth saving.

GM's probably going to have the hardest time straightening their stuff out. And considering they own Chevy, if GM goes we may not see the new Camaro :cry: I know how upset my dad would be. And my grandpa would be in hell trying to keep going with his Corvettes...:(

As far as I'm concerned, Buick should be rolled into Cadillac. Just badge GMC's heavy trucks as Chevy's and save money on emblems. Downsizing Pontiac is fine with me. Leave them with the fun stuff. Now that I think about it I'm on the fence about killing Saturn. You could just make them all rebadged Opels, or you could just make all those Opels Chevys. But Saturn seems to have a pretty good dealer network and a reliable base of customers. No sense in squandering that.

I don't think GM is planning on killing off the Saturn brand, just the Saturn only dealerships. GM should have stoped making light trucks with GMC badges years ago, but they wouldn't listen in the 70's,80's, or 90's, what do you think will make them listen now?