Chat Room [IRC Channel]

The server listed in the finalgear irc guide (irc.finalgear.com) does not work anymore.

Use nurburgring.irc.finalgear.com instead.

The server listed in the finalgear irc guide (irc.finalgear.com) does not work anymore.

Use nurburgring.irc.finalgear.com instead.

irc.finalgear.com works fine. I've tested it myself. It's a round robin that "randomly" connects to one of the multiple IRC servers.

I always seem to get the nurburgring server. Not that that's a bad thing. :)

irc.finalgear.com works fine. I've tested it myself. It's a round robin that "randomly" connects to one of the multiple IRC servers.

Tried yesterday when I wrote that message from AndChat on my phone, and it was not working.
Just tried it now, and now it works.

I think gaasc might be getting to him.

He's not posting from .mu. This is clearly an impostor.

You rang?

Ma?ana. It may be because I was going through my tor proxy. It worked fine(ish) to freenode but got the indicated error to the finalgear server, and a plain connection is working fine now.

Ah, pooh :(

*** You are banned from this server- NoNeedForAChestWig, your IP
(195.60.76.239) is listed in EFnet's RBL. For assistance, see
http://efnetrbl.org/?i=195.60.76.239
-wankel.irc.finalgear.com- *** Your IP address 195.60.76.239 is listed in
rbl.efnetrbl.org
==> ERROR from irc.finalgear.com: Closing Link: maumau.torservers.net (***
Banned (DNS blacklist))

Basically, it seems that many/most/all Tor exit nodes have been dumped into the efnet blackhole list, so it seems like I won't be joining you all on irc anytime soon. Luck you!

Ah, pooh :(

*** You are banned from this server- NoNeedForAChestWig, your IP
(195.60.76.239) is listed in EFnet's RBL. For assistance, see
http://efnetrbl.org/?i=195.60.76.239
-wankel.irc.finalgear.com- *** Your IP address 195.60.76.239 is listed in
rbl.efnetrbl.org
==> ERROR from irc.finalgear.com: Closing Link: maumau.torservers.net (***
Banned (DNS blacklist))

Basically, it seems that many/most/all Tor exit nodes have been dumped into the efnet blackhole list, so it seems like I won't be joining you all on irc anytime soon. Luck you!

Do you need to use tor to access FG? If so, why? If you just don't want your ISP reading your traffic, that's why we offer the SSL option (on the forums as well)

From work for IRC I do ;)

Do they block ports or something? Can you not connect to 81.171.42.235:7001 via SSL? They won't be able to tell it's IRC other than the port.

Do they block ports or something?
No, they're remarkably permissive. I just don't like them seeing what I'm up to. I like Tor because you can't tell from logging the client end traffic what the ultimate destination is.

Can you not connect to 81.171.42.235:7001 via SSL?
Hmm. I wasn't aware of that possibility :) It looks like I can, yes. Thanks for the heads up.

See you all in there in a week or two. God help you all :D