COD: Modern Warfare 2

yay

just got back from getting the game at my local GAME store. they had decked the store out in camoflauge netting and the staff were wearing army uniforms. was actually kind of impressed. just got to take the dog for her walk and then i'm off to save the world from baddies once again.
on a side note, i noticed that the game was on BBC Breakfast earlier today. i didn't see the report but they were claiming there was some kind of controversy behind the game. Most likely people don't like it being released amongst the reports coming back from Afghanistan.

hmm, well i weren't far off. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8342589.stm and also at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8351370.stm
in a nutshell, one of the ministers (who i noticed was one of those that was involved with the Expenses Scandal) that according to the daily mail (now there's a surprise) said he was "absolutely shocked" by the violence portrayed in the game.

Last edited:
well i've just completed the first level and i can already say that i fricking love this game already!

Fucking dipshits still haven't shipped my game... Imagine a huge cloud of swears...
I even did a bit extra in the Gym and I cleaned my whole apartment including wiping every piece of floor and glass I have!!! The lunacy!!!

Spot the guy hosting the server:

dayone.png

And just so everyone knows, 4 Green bars is anything less than 100 ping. 1 Bar is either 300 or 400 ping. (can't find the post I read this on atm)

And just so everyone knows, 4 Green bars is anything less than 100 ping. 1 Bar is either 300 or 400 ping. (can't find the post I read this on atm)

Four green bars is less than a 100 ms? That's still pretty bad for a fps... anything over 120 and you'd get kicked out of most CS servers.

Four green bars is less than a 100 ms? That's still pretty bad for a fps... anything over 120 and you'd get kicked out of most CS servers.

Sorry I re-read the post, it is in fact anything less than 200 ping that gives 4 green bars, and 400 ping or worse is 1 bar.

what was wrong with just having the latency as number? so its a bit more understandable <_<

Because it would show clearly how bad the lag running on IWnet/people's home connections really is.

Last edited:
Wow, all I can say is the game is really amazing. I'm a big fan of the series so I am biased, but this is really something else.

Without giving much away, the Mission 'No Russian' is well, interesting...

Wow, all I can say is the game is really amazing. I'm a big fan of the series so I am biased, but this is really something else.

Without giving much away, the Mission 'No Russian' is well, interesting...

yeah, that mission has been generating a bit of publicity. my opinion is basically that its a game. if someones going to take this game seriously then there was probably something already wrong with them.

i bought the game last night and ive played it a bit this morning. the game is a must buy. you guys boycotting it because of no dedicated servers are idiots for missing out on such a great game for such a stupid reason.

that said, the game is great but its not worthy of Game of the Year.

Spot the guy hosting the server:

dayone.png

That is fucking atrocious.

way to shit the bed IW

Also, back in my PC Clan days for COD4, our server had an average ping of 25. and i lived a good 500 miles away from the box.

Last edited:
i bought the game last night and ive played it a bit this morning. the game is a must buy. you guys boycotting it because of no dedicated servers are idiots for missing out on such a great game for such a stupid reason.

A game which has a Single Player which is only 4 1/2 hrs long and a multiplayer with no dedicated server support will get no money from me. Hell, its hardly worth the 11Gig torrent download.

while i honestly mean no offence intended i do think that those who say the single player is too short are using a weak argument. i've always gone with quality over quantity and i would much rather play a game i really enjoy than play one that really drags out over time.

No, the weak argument is to say that you will pirate the game because it doesn't have all of the features you want. If you don't like the game, don't play the game.