Codemasters' F1 2011

Biggest issue I had with 2010 was the scripting during the race. The old F1 games used to "draw" all the cars and plot them in relation to each other - which is why you could switch cars in replays. What Codemasters did in 2010 was essentially have the CPU only track the cars it needed to draw as you came across them.

In one of the early F1 games (F1 97) I think, there is a bug where you can see all the other cars circling round in mid air - so the PSX can keep track of them. Effectively this is what should happen, only they should be drawn out of the visual field.

And yeah, the corner cutting rules were stupid - I couldn't take the best line through the hairpin at Monaco.

how in the hell do you cut the hairpin at monaco? lol

New patch is out... also a new version of Windows Live games... updated both. The result? My game now freezes when I'm trying to leave the pit. It gets stuck on "loading"

I'm also fairly sure I had completed Turkey and now I have to race it again. I am, to put it mildly, very fucking pissed.

Kind of sad that you only get 5 seasons to drive. Which means no matter how good you are, nor how easy you make it, you can't equal or beat Schmui's record of 7.

However, it IS possible to surpass his 91 wins... you just have to win all but 4 races in 5 seasons to tie, all but 3 to surpass lol