Considering a First Car - rickhamilton620 friend - round 1

Yea, I was actually talking to rick about the focus and we think I would fit. But another addition to the list is a Nissan Pathfinder (1998-2000) it seems like a rust magnet?

So I have been doing a bit of research and I think the Ford Thunderbird/Mercury Cougar (Early 90s) should be affordable to insure, fuel efficient (ish), powerful and reliable and safe.

It did well on the NHSTA tests, the V6 should be avoided due to issues like the late 90s taurus' but the V8 is right out of the crown vic. Gets over 20mpg.

So I have been doing a bit of research and I think the Ford Thunderbird/Mercury Cougar (Early 90s) should be affordable to insure, fuel efficient (ish), powerful and reliable and safe.

It did well on the NHSTA tests, the V6 should be avoided due to issues like the late 90s taurus' but the V8 is right out of the crown vic. Gets over 20mpg.

The '94 and '95 4.6s didn't have the intake issue. I'd still consider the later cars if the sellers can provide documentation that the intake was replaced under the recall.

The '94 and '95 4.6s didn't have the intake issue. I'd still consider the later cars if the sellers can provide documentation that the intake was replaced under the recall.

Thanks argtoga, Ill keep reading into it but its seems like a great car like the taurus of that generation