Cop tazers 14 year old girl in head, prongs penetrate skull

Also this. Isn't it a US federal law now that suspects should pose an immediate threat to the officer before they are allowed to tazer them or am I missing something here?

New Mexico is in the 10th Cir. that ruling was in the 9th Cir. different jurisdiction.

It's not a question of whether or not they are lethal, it's a question of justified use.

Countries whose officers posses taser devices need strictly enforced federal laws with even stricter punishments that require officers to able to answer these questions before using a taser:

1. Is there reason to draw a gun in this situation?
Is the suspect an immediate physical thread to the officer? Is the suspect wielding a knife, gun or some sort of weapon that poses an immediate threat to the officer?

2. Would using a taser subdue the assailant sufficiently and potentially cause a lesser injury?
Is the suspect near enough that a taser will be effective? In this situation, will a taser potentially cause a lesser injury than a gun?

3. Would using a taser pose no greater threat to the officer?
Is the officer putting him or herself at a lesser or equal risk for injury as compared to using a gun for defense?

If an officer can answer every one of these questions with an unequivocal "yes", then by all means, using a taser is justified. If an officer is unable to run these questions through their head in a fast-paced, dangerous situation, then what the heck are they doing with a police badge?

What this pig did is pure brutality. Tasers are not for lazy, power-tripping bullies. They are an alternative to a gun.

I hope this family sues and makes a tidy fortune. They could be paid using the money the department would have otherwise used for this officers salary, for example ... because he should be canned.

Last edited:
I think it all boils down to the fact that the cop is a bad shot. I wonder how often they practice with tazers as opposed to their side arm. Taking that into consideration how does the flight path of a tazer differ from that of a bullet? Could he have miss judged based on a preconceived estimation of projectile travel?

*I'm not sure how I feel about the use of the tazer, I would need to be in the situation to decide.

Last edited:
*I'm not sure how I feel about the use of the tazer, I would have to have been in the situation to decide.
Really? Really? Chasing an unarmed, 14-year-old girl who poses no threat whatsoever to the officer?

Heck, even if the girl was threatening to punch the officer or something SHE'S A 14-YEAR-OLD GIRL. If a grown man as a police officer can't defend himself against that without resorting to powerful weaponry, he'd better start practicing the phrase, "Would you like fries with that?"

Wwhat would have happened just a few years ago before officers had tasers? Would he have pulled his gun on her? Most likely, he'd have been forced to do his dang job and chase her down to catch her, causing minimal or no injury.

Last edited:
I'm just saying there is no way for me to judge the situation from my chair ~500 miles away. How often are 14 years olds armed in Tucumcari? Interstate 40 a known drug running road runs right through the city, has the officer had prior experience with armed teenagers? I just think he was trying to subdue the girl and missed, if the shot hadn't been to the head I don't think there would even be a story.

Actually, if you read further, you'll see that the officer is using BS excuses such, "I was trying to save her from traffic." Yeah, because a 14-year-old doesn't posses the cognitive ability not to run in front of 3,000 lbs of speeding steel.

My white, hairless butt.

Last edited:
That's a very original way of earning oneself a loss of employment.

Really? Really? Chasing an unarmed, 14-year-old girl who poses no threat whatsoever to the officer?

Heck, even if the girl was threatening to punch the officer or something SHE'S A 14-YEAR-OLD GIRL. If a grown man as a police officer can't defend himself against that without resorting to powerful weaponry, he'd better start practicing the phrase, "Would you like fries with that?"

What would have happened just a few years ago before officers had tasers? Would he have pulled his gun on her? Most likely, he'd have been forced to do his dang job and chase her down to catch her, causing minimal or no injury.

Exactly right this case is an outlier. The taser was invented to disarm a subject without use of a pistol. Unfortunately it was adopted as a cost saving device for communities (injury to the police officer cost taxpayer their full salary, medical bills, disability and feet on the street)

Unfortunately it was adopted as a cost saving device for communities (injury to the police officer cost taxpayer their full salary, medical bills, disability and feet on the street)
I'd like to see some evidence of taser use vs. police injuries.

^ doubt you would find it. You would have to look at each individual case of officer injury when apprehending a subject and then each individual case of taser use. Then the next step of presupposing injury and lack of injury to those cases.

No doubt that it probably has saved an officer from a tussle once or twice but proper use of a billy club would have done the same.

Last edited:
from the rep bin
perhaps you should consider taking piggy's dick out of your mouth once they come for you

Obviously some don't understand that although I am arguing that the police officer legally is within the acceptable boundaries does not mean that I reject that the situation is sympathetic.

If I was a police chief none of my officers would carry a taser. There are many ways to subdue a suspect without use of this controversial device.

how unfit of a mother must you be to call the police on your daughter/son ?

Her mother is as/a bigger cretin than the cop that tazed the girl.

how unfit of a mother must you be to call the police on your daughter/son ?

some kids are out of control for their parents besides the point did you see her teeth!

I chased down 2 14 year old boys last week who have been up to no good in my garden, took me exactly 5 seconds to catch them and no tazers needed. Run her down you fat donut shoveling friggin rhino.

This really pisses me off. Useless man.

some kids are out of control for their parents besides the point did you see her teeth!
That woman's daily diet must consist of glass shards and pubic hair and washed down with a dog shit smoothie to have a grill like that.

Interesting side tangent to this, but a case of police brutality involving a tazer in NSW and the judge's subsequent ruling and remarks means that tazers in NSW might now have to be classified as "potenetially lethal weapons" along with firarms and thus be subject to similar restrictions on sale, use, distribution to officers, etc. The guy who alleged brutality (quite fairly IMO too, given i saw the security fottage of the incident and the fact the cop deliberately obscured his tazer-cam during the incident) wasn't killed/badly injured, the judge just felt he had to say it. Just a sideline on the lethality thing earlier in this thread.
And yes, there realy needs to be some education on the proper aiming and firing of tazers in various situation if this was accidental. If it wasn't, the guy should go before a court on assault charges. Aiming for somebody's head with an electrical implement designed to stun/incapacitate is not only stupid, but downright criminal and way over the line of "reasonable force". If it had interefered with her brain/anything else in her head, she could have been seriously injured/incapacitated for life.

That woman's daily diet must consist of glass shards and pubic hair and washed down with a dog shit smoothie to have a grill like that.

Or just a healthy diet of methamphetamine.

from the rep bin

Obviously some don't understand that although I am arguing that the police officer legally is within the acceptable boundaries

I don't believe it is within acceptable boundaries to tazer an unarmed 14yr old girl.

Speaking of 14 year old girls, you don't need to make a new post only to whine like a little bitch about some neg rep. Take it to pm, nobody else cares.