Crazy New Zealand Engineering 4lt turbo 6 in a Ford Focus

Yes but theres a difference between reliable 600hp and 1200hp. You also have to consider that 2 years isn't much for an engine.

un-dee said:
Yes but theres a difference between reliable 600hp and 1200hp. You also have to consider that 2 years isn't much for an engine.
2 years is a fuck load of a long time when you're talking about being modified to 3x, and more, the original power.

un-dee said:

For a stock bottom end making triple the original power, 2 years (drag racing during those as well) is an eternity.

With a correctly built motor, a reliable 1200HP out of a V8 is not impossible.

Vette Boss said:
You like the one that's older and slower, with less power? And it has a LIVE REAR AXLE! Oh yes, I said it. :p
and it also beat a Lamborghini Gallardo around a track in a magazine test.

You'd be supprised about how good those Ford inline 6 turbo engines are. Really. They are more than a match for the 5.0 Litre V8, and put out far more bottom end grunt than the Boss V8 found in the local falcons.

Australia has a "history" with turbocharged inline 6's.....well two cars (lol) but our local car makers don't want to know about. Holden wanted to drop the V8 engine and keep on with a turbo 6 but they where subject to a letter campaign from "Street Machine" Magazine to keep it....... :(

As for the modded 1300hp jobbies, Nizpro are quite good. And the amount of punnishment those Ford motors take without breaking is bordering on phenominal :shock:

And to the stupid rumour that the Ford Turbo inline 6 is a copy of a Nissan RB engine....they are nothing alike......comon guys growup :roll:

kaBOOMn said:
And to the stupid rumour that the Ford Turbo inline 6 is a copy of a Nissan RB engine....they are nothing alike......comon guys growup :roll:

From what I know Holden actually used the RB for a while.

And the Ford Twin cam turbo 6 is the same 6 they've had for decades but with quite a few modifications to update it.

thedguy said:
kaBOOMn said:

From what I know Holden actually used the RB for a while.

This is true, Holden used the RB30 in the Commodore for three years, '86-'88 IIRC. I read somewhere that Holden resold the Nissan Pulsar as the Holden Astra for a time with the RB20 powerplant, but I was always under the impression that the Pulsar used the SR20 instead of the RB.