Critters you may encounter in your neck of the woods

We have these.

erupt.jpg

i see lots of rabbits and foxes dead on the streets around me. the boring side of australian roadkill :lol:. sometimes i see common types of birds or a couple of possums. seen a wallaby once and a couple of pets :cry:. poor animals, except for the rabbits, there's millions of them.

http://img111.imageshack.**/img111/1340/puma20cougar20leaping04bc7.jpg

Damn thats cute looking cat, especially for something that if hungry enough would probably eat my cat. Wish i knew how to Timothy Treadwell cougars.

Wake me up when this thread gets interesting
okay?

Our beavers are a little different here

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/th/thedguy/2008/04/01/married-to-mob-kaws-bikini-1.jpg

I wish i still had legs like that. Oh to be a naked and 12 years old :(, at that age their was almost no need for women! ........

awake yet matt :mrgreen: ?

My Dad hit a Moose a couple of years ago going to work at night, he works night shifts. It totaled the car, if it weren't for the reinforced roof for the sunroof it might have totaled him. I couldn't believe the damage that thing did to his car.

My Dad hit a Moose a couple of years ago going to work at night, he works night shifts. It totaled the car, if it weren't for the reinforced roof for the sunroof it might have totaled him. I couldn't believe the damage that thing did to his car.

When my dad worked for SANTOS (oil and gas exploration) they wrote off a Landcuiser (70 series afaik) from hitting a kangaroo so yeah they do some serious damage (esp if you hit them at a decent speed)

I live in a city (ish) so the only critters I encounter are chavs, due to hippies claiming there in danger we are no longer allowed to hunt them :x
Heres a picture of a chav hunt before it was banned:
450px-Hunt_Master_exits_Castle.JPG

Last edited:
Truro - its the only city in Cornwall

Last edited:
Im not far from Truro. My mum goes there quite ofter.

Ever heard of a town called Camelford? Where the floods were in 2004, but not as severe as Boscastle.

^ Yes I have....

I live in a city (ish) so the only critters I encounter are chavs, due to hippies claiming there in danger we are no longer allowed to hunt them :x
Heres a picture of a chav hunt before it was banned:
450px-Hunt_Master_exits_Castle.JPG

Sounds pretty inaccurate, those chavs actually look kind of cute and cuddly. As opposed to their normal look of repulsiveness and vicious, blindly furious hatred.

Sounds pretty inaccurate, those chavs actually look kind of cute and cuddly. As opposed to their normal look of repulsiveness and vicious, blindly furious hatred.

No they set the dogs on the chavs, they may look cute and cuddly but they can detect Burberry from 4 miles away

Out in the country here sometimes you'll come across something like this.

passingcow1.jpg

I've seen several of these before, never managed to run over one. They're called aramdillos. Also called roving speed bumps.

armadilloroadkill.jpg

armadillo-01.jpg

I actually did manage to hit one of these in teh road once. I Felt really bad about it... Yes, it's a turtle!

sn_road.jpg

Hitting a kangaroo just about writes a car off

Yep, the native Australian equivalent of deer. My Dad totaled a 200 series Volvo due to a hit with one back in the day.

Haven't seen this one yet

Goose-aberdare-park-by-aberdare-blog.jpg

Canadian Goose, even though none live in Canada. Seriously I have a picture of the US/Canada border with all the damn Geese hanging out on the American side. I mean I really can't blame them, the only thing over there is French fries and Gravy but then we should call it the USA freedom George W. Goose, hell yeah.