Curses and Insults only Your Fellow Countrymen Would Truly Understand

(Two guys talking in a Bar type scenario.)

Variants of "I disagree with you":
- Leave it out!
- Are you sure?
- Is this a wind-up?
- Are you taking the piss?
- Nah, that's Bollocks!
- Talk silly, Dave! (Reverse piss-taking logic.)

- Git-awa-ti-fuck! (Glasgow, Scotland.)

What's a bell end?

Applicable to males only, a really annoying idiot.
(Basically any male "winner" of TV "talent" or "reality" shows, are good examples.)

.. also, one of the funniest things I ever heard said:
(an old-school engineer after undoing a rusted nut and bolt.)

".. it was tight as a
Nun's cunt!

What's a bell end?

It refers to the glans penis (Warning: Link contains anatomical photographs and could therefore be considered NSFW!!) because it is vaguely bell shaped. The same applies when you call someone a "helmet" which is another expression.

They are relatively mild because, essentially, you're only calling someone a partial dick. ;)

It refers to the glans penis (Warning: Link contains anatomical photographs and could therefore be considered NSFW!!) because it is vaguely bell shaped. The same applies when you call someone a "helmet" which is another expression.

They are relatively mild because, essentially, you're only calling someone a partial dick. ;)
I've always thought it was similar, but less vulgar, to the American "dick head" insult.

I've always thought it was similar, but less vulgar, to the American "dick head" insult.

It is. The bell end is the head of the dick.

A lot of Australian terms were inherited from the British, but there are some that I am confident are home-grown. Wombat, Galah, Bludger, Drongo, Piker, Bogan and Numbat are probably all Aussie terms.

A "Numbat" or "Drongo" is an idiot. Drongo doesn't have a non-slang meaning. The real meaning of numbat is a type of marsupial ant-eater.

A "Galah" is a particularly silly or foolish kind of idiot. In reality, it is a pink and grey parrot of the Cockatoo family-

A "Bludger" is a lazy person who tries to get out of doing work. A person who avoids getting a job while receiving unemployment benefits (known as the "dole") is a "Dole-bludger". "Bludging" is used as a verb.

A "Piker" is somebody who backs out of something that has been agreed upon. It is usually used by school children for somebody who agrees to meet after school for a fight and then doesn't go through with it. When used as a verb, the term is "piking out".

A "Bogan" is a low-class, unsophisticated person who lives up to certain stereotypes. It is similar in meaning to the American terms "redneck" and "white trash". It has no non-slang meaning.

A "Wombat" is slang for a man who just shows up to his girlfriend's place to get fed and laid, before taking off again. Real wombats are burrow-dwelling marsupials that eat roots and leaves. In Australia "to root" is to have sex, so a when you call a man a "Wombat" you are saying that he "eats... roots... and leaves".

Last edited: